Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 07:04 PM   #31
BladeMaster

I wanted to get the custom portraits off of her that was why I sent an e-mail to her. Those ones that she had were the only ones I liked using for my characters

------------------

Old 05-17-2001, 07:47 PM   #32
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
I signed up yesterday on the TeamBG - Infinity Engine Customization board.

I personally LOVE the TeamBG site. I visited there when it just came up, and still do--they have some of THE best editing tools for the Infinity Engine!!
It's one of my top 10 favorite BG sites too.

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Old 05-17-2001, 07:51 PM   #33
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
It was a shame that Lady Nightshade closed her site. Unfortunately I have seen her use some rather colourful and very abusive language which does not really make me think I would like her if I met her. But nevertheless, her site was one of the best for portraits and is a loss.

I visit TeamBG occasionally, and sometimes post there. It seems to be calming down a bit now, which is a good thing (although I haven't visited today yet!). For a while every visit would yield yet new arguments and flames which I don't think were handled particularly well by the moderators who join in and exacerbate the situation, IMHO not the best way to go about keeping a board civil and flame-free. Stress is no excuse for abusive behaviour.

However, things do seem to be improving over there, and I am keen to promote friendship between their community and ours.

WHAT?!?!?! Her site is down? I need to contact her ASAP and tell her to put it back up. Thats complete bullshit about the Artists emailing her and warning her.. give me a break. She did have a nice site, and yeah, she had an attitude, but had a great portrait site..

Ziroc

Old 05-17-2001, 08:20 PM   #34
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Uh, Lady Nightshade doesn't have an attitude. I talk to her almost daily and she is one of the nicest people on the net.

I doubt she will be putting her portraits site up, no matter what anyone says. She took a lot of guff.

------------------
I am YOUR omega.

Strider's Chambers
The Shadow Network
Old 05-18-2001, 12:13 AM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Mnemoch is cool, and allowed me responsibility of the BG2 Bar threads (as long as I keep out innuendo, flame, spam and try to keep the bar on topic - all understandable. Any hassle, and I can summon his aid)

My belief is that giving people responsibility builds maturity in them. It's your baby, and I know you'll take care of it. I trust you! Plus if you abuse it, I'll kick your ass. )

PS - Of course I'm cool.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-18-2001).]
Old 05-18-2001, 12:18 AM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:
Uh, Lady Nightshade doesn't have an attitude. I talk to her almost daily and she is one of the nicest people on the net.

I doubt she will be putting her portraits site up, no matter what anyone says. She took a lot of guff.

I'm not surprised that Ken and LN would be feeling defensive, what with all the personal attacks and BS they are having to put up with, with the entire portraits saga.

Seems like the flaming still continues at PBG. That whole thing with the artists etc is the biggest load of BS that happened. Nobody's a winner with what happened.

------------------
Old 05-18-2001, 12:33 AM   #37
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

WHAT?!?!?! Her site is down? I need to contact her ASAP and tell her to put it back up. Thats complete bullshit about the Artists emailing her and warning her.. give me a break. She did have a nice site, and yeah, she had an attitude, but had a great portrait site..

Ziroc
Ziroc, You and I may have a scrap on this issue but before I start scraping I want to find out if you saying the Artist didn't E-mail LN, or that E-mailing her LN was out of line?

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 05-18-2001, 01:07 AM   #38
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Ziroc
Ziroc, You and I may have a scrap on this issue but before I start scraping I want to find out if you saying the Artist didn't E-mail LN, or that E-mailing her LN was out of line?

i think mainly what he is saying (and i noticed this too) is that they threatend to sue her for the portraits. she made no profit from them, and she even posted info about the original artists when it was availible. she provided links to the artists websites when they hed them. but due to the harsh response from some of the artists who's art was used in the portraits, (these responses were caused by some individuals who were fighting with her decided to start trouble and started making the artists mad about it.) she has decided to close the site for good.
it really is a terrible loss. she had the widest variety and my truly favorite portraits. i wish i would have downloaded the entire zipfile when i had the opportunity.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-18-2001, 01:21 AM   #39
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Hello everyone. I noticed her site was down a few days ago myself. I did manage to grab a good portion of the portraits on the site before it went down though. If anyone wants me to email them or maybe post them somewhere, let me know. I think I have around 2-300 of them.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-18-2001, 01:22 AM   #40
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Thanks Slackerboy,
Although linking to or suppling info on an artist is ok any work created by an artist is their sole property, if the artist posted the work on her page that is one thing, if they didn't (or the person that owns the rights) then the art work can be considered stolen. I make my living (feed my family) off my artwork, my sweat, my time, and talent. That is one of the problems with the internet almost anyone can scan something in then put it out there and the artist may lose money. Like with my sig I choose to put it out there, its a piece of art I did 20 years ago. I haven't used it for anthing else so why not use it now, but that was my choice.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"