Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-15-2005, 04:02 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

when your fighting an opponent, right before they die can you change the level to hard to get more? i cant play my game anymore coz for sum reason i cant leave town so i cant try it out.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I've no idea if that would work. Changing the difficulty might not take affect until your next encounter. Someone may be able to check it out.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:41 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm not sure how the difficulty level is implemented. I believe it affects the frequency of random monster encounters, and in other games, it has increased the HP of the monsters you face. I'm not sure that happens in W&W.

And I agree with Wyvern - I don't think it would take affect for that encounter.

If you can't leave town, then I suspect you're running into the XP virtualdub issue. Check the Tech Tips thread for details... decompressing the .avi files seems to take care of it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote