Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 11:01 AM   #1
Starkiller
The Magister

I have been reading a lot of threads about people importing stuff into BGII, and I am wondering how you import items? Whenever I choose import when making a character for a new game, multi player or single player, I choose my character, and I import my character alright but he never has any items, because you are supposed to start the game with no inventory I thought. How do you keep items on your character when you import? (Such as the pantaloons?)
Old 07-18-2001, 11:17 AM   #2
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

to keep the pantaloons, simple import your BG1 character who has them. You will find the pantaloons in the first level of the Irenicus dungeon.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:47 AM   #3
Starkiller
The Magister

Where? Is it possible to import any other items? The strategy guide which I browsed through seemed to say this was an effective "cheap" trick to keep re-importing for Items. I don't want to do that, but running through the now debugged game again with my all powerful 19th level mage to get the romance right this time I would like to bring his items with him to speed up the beginning. Is this possible? Tnanks.
Old 07-18-2001, 12:09 PM   #4
dragon_lord
Elminster

In a multiplayer game if u import characters after the opening sequence they have all their items.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:29 PM   #5
Malavon
Dungeon Master

If ur playing single player, and want to import an already used BGII character, with their items, then do the import thing, and pause the game before irenicus comes in (when the screen is still black). Drop all the items u have and unpause the game, and when he stops talking just pic up the items

Malavon

------------------
Will not the mountains quake, and the hills melt at the comming of the darkness?
Share this vision with your enemies, Lim-Dul, and they shall wither!

[This message has been edited by Malavon (edited 07-18-2001).]