Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Ok..... the topic says it all. How do i get rid of this bastard?
Old 11-23-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

take a pair of clippers, go underneath the ingrown corner, and cut it, or you can do the painful one that actually gets rid of them, take a nail file, and go under it, and keep pulling it up over the skin, do this often, not cutting it, and in a week or so, it will have grown over the bad area, I do this when i get them, it does hurt, but it also feels better in the long run
Old 11-23-2003, 01:36 PM   #3
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

omg omg omg ewwww [img]tongue.gif[/img] *leaves*
Old 11-23-2003, 01:39 PM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I had a friend who got surgery on his! Get it after they've removed it and keep it in a small baggie! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-23-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

make a V shape in the middle of the nail with your clippers.
an old wive told me that itll heal over time since the pressure from the sides will close the V eventually (im doing it right now with my own toe nails...its been months, and the only difference i note is that its no longer really really numb, now its just slightly numb)
so maybe itll heal eventually, and maybe its just an old wives tale /shrug
Old 11-23-2003, 03:06 PM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
make a V shape in the middle of the nail with your clippers.
an old wive told me that itll heal over time since the pressure from the sides will close the V eventually (im doing it right now with my own toe nails...its been months, and the only difference i note is that its no longer really really numb, now its just slightly numb)
so maybe itll heal eventually, and maybe its just an old wives tale /shrug
actually, this does not work, it is just an old wives tale, there are no many ways to cure it, surgery is one option, but not recomended, they will remove the whole nail, and you wil end up with it back where it is now. I get them alot on one toe, where I lost the nail when a horse stepped on it (long story )they removed it 3 times, and it kept coming back, so I fixed it myself, and have not had any problems with it since just keep putting presure on the skin below the nail, until the nail comes up over the skin, the natural growth process will allow it to stay over the skin if this is done every day to every other day
>>>>>>>>>>>oh, and one other advice, when clippping toe nails, make sure that you leave enough nail there so it is even with the toe, this prevents it from becoming ingrown again [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-23-2003, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 11-23-2003, 03:14 PM   #7
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Thx alot Stormy. All i have heard was to soak it in steaming salt water. Never works. I also think it might be infected. What should I do about that?
Old 11-23-2003, 03:30 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalamar Stormcrow:
I also think it might be infected. What should I do about that?
Go to the doctor.
Old 11-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

go to the doctor, get some antibiotics, that way, it will clear it up, that is probably why it is ingrown to begin with
Old 11-23-2003, 04:06 PM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I get ingrown tonails alot, and my mom just clips it down, and then puts some of a cotton ball in there and lets it sit for a week or two and the toenail will just grow into the cotton. Then when she takes it out, its all better! Works for me anyways... [img]smile.gif[/img]