Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 09:41 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hi, as you can tell by my subject, im looking for some help. im trying to create a spell using IEEP, but i cant get an icon for it and when i try to find it to add to my character it can never find it. if anyone here can help me plz give me ur thots or email address so that u can help me fix it. ive had the editor for awhile and never created a successful file due to the problem that i dont know how to get an icon for it and SK cant find it to add to my char. plz dont call me a hacker cuz ive beaten the game 3 times and am now just looking for some fun. thanking you all in advance for the help.
Old 05-28-2001, 11:39 PM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Its been a while since I used IEEP.
The best way to find an Icon you want for the spell is by opening up a spell at random, for example, magic missle, and finding out the icon name. There is a different spell icon for both the spell in your spellbook(left) and the memorised spell(right). Just look at the opened spell.
Its almost always SPWIS345 or something. Thats the spell code. The Icons always have a small letter behind that code, but the letter is different for both times you have to enter in the icon. For example, SPWIS345c(left) or SPWIS345u(right). As you can see, the spell code is the same, but the letter is different. You can insert the icon you wish, example, Magic Missle, but putting in the Magic Missle spell code followed by the small letter, you can look at completed spells for other examples. I can't really explain it because I've uninstalled BG2.
Basically, the Icon you want can be used from taking the spell code of the icon and putting it in your custom spell.
You should be fine with a little practice and experimentation.
I hope that wasnt as clear as mud..

------------------
Why?

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 05-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 05-28-2001).]
Old 05-28-2001, 11:43 PM   #3
BladeMaster

Or if all else fails goto the TeamBG site. Click on the Forums link and there is a whole forum on Spell Editing. The link is www.TeamBG.com

------------------

Old 05-28-2001, 11:46 PM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Uh okay I just came up with another method.
Simply open the spell whose icon you desire for your own spell, copy the spell names for both Spellbook Icon(left) and Memorised Spell Icon (right), and insert them into your own spell.

------------------
Why?
Old 05-29-2001, 01:22 AM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

thanx fer yer help lifetime, but i should mention that now i cant get the ability bonuses to work! i finally got it to show up, but the bonuses dont work and i dont know how to get them to work! (im trying to increase Str, Con, and Dex by 3 points). so if you can help me here too, id be grateful. also, what effect has the lightning coming up and arcing around ur head? i think thatd be a cool effect for me to use...