Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2001, 02:44 AM   #1
Zertyr

I have been thinking, I like having pets in
the game, and now I wonder some...

What pets do you like?

Pros/Cons???

I dont know if we should call summoned pets
that only stay for a few rounds pets, but lets
do it here so we get some more to talk about.

I myself have not tried so many, like the beast
master and the mage familiar??? What kind of
animals can you get, stats? skills???

I usuall use a few skeltons that run ahead infront
of my trap detecting thief when I am exploring, it
works well for me. And they have saved my @$$ a nr
of times..

Old 01-16-2001, 03:40 AM   #2
Armisael

How 'bout a pet dragon? Or one of those tiny little tanar'ris, the ones that look like birds?

Old 01-16-2001, 04:51 AM   #3
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... skeletons you say... well if you reach lvl 14 you get SKELTON WARRIORS... which are so much powerful as well as better magic resistance and hp...

the creators should have placed a option for the summoned creature to hold items... in real life or rpg logic... you can do it right???
Old 01-16-2001, 05:06 AM   #4
Zertyr

Would be very nice to equip your pets with
equipment, could make the game very intresting
if you say so.

But beastmaster then, and familiars? What animals
can the beastmaster get? Anyone?? "Is there anybody
out there???"

Nah, time to hang by the coffe machine again and
brag about the weekend.

Old 01-16-2001, 05:18 AM   #5
Armisael

I don't see the beastmaster as a very good class. They get the animal summoning spells - not incredibly useful - as well as find familiar, and a 15% bonus to stealth. But in return, they can't use metal weapons - swords, hammers, maces, halberds... for a fighter kit, that's just too drastic a tradeoff. What are they supposed to fight with? Quarterstaves? Clubs? Use a wolf as a blunt combat weapon? : P

Old 01-16-2001, 05:29 AM   #6
Zertyr

Ah, I thought the got like a panther or tiger permanently, like
the little beastmaster who you kick back to the little bush he
came from when you free the slaves.

Old 01-16-2001, 11:12 AM   #7
Rihàm

Ok, I cheated, but its very fun. I put a NPC in my party, and then I saved the game, and turned on shadowkeeper, and changed it to a pit-feind graphic, I renamed him, and gave him realy good armor and he can't be killed, and now I have a permanant pet - Booboo the Pit Feind!! He walks around, o yea, i changed his script to a Fairy Dragon , so I can pet him and stuff, the realy hard part was finding a NPC that didnt help me much in the game I turned out using Haer'Dalis, he wuz hitting on my girl Aerie.

- Riham

Old 01-16-2001, 11:29 AM   #8
saigo

i wonder if they let the game let you give items to your pets (horses are used also for carrying extra stuff!).....then maybe for bg3 they could let the pets have personality!Riham....i'm new to hacking but i really enjoyed the way you hacked the game to have yourself a pet ....i wonder if it could work with dragons or demonds?If you could email me ,i'd have a few questons for you about the inf. engine!

Old 01-16-2001, 02:41 PM   #9
NytesHalo

The one thing that really annoys me is when you try to go into another area and the pet gets left behind. What, the pets don't know how to walk through doors or whatever they need to do to follow. I think that's the most annoying thing to have a bunch of creatures following you then suddenly just get left behind. Other than that, well pets are nice to have for cannon fodder.

Old 01-16-2001, 03:14 PM   #10
The-Shark

The new patch is supposed to fix that bug.

As to the cannon fodder thing... Well, I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty darn funny to watch a high level mage waste a bunch of powerful spells to kill one stinkin' little Dire Wolf.

Now, the pets I'd like to get in BG3: Limlims! They look cute and cuddly, but let'm down when you see an enemy and watch those little bugs go postal!