Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 06:43 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Ziroc, the problem is you are adjusting the lizardmans reputation when he is killed so that it effects all of the same faction. Solution A : Create a custom faction. Solution B: Make him of the friendly faction and tag the area "NO PVP".
I did that. That is how I HAD it set. But I went through this morning with StigTC and another, watching them go through the levels, and everything was fine... So I don't know whats going on. It's odd.

I *WILL* find a fix for this. The global setting will not turn off for the new faction, so I deleted it (just used 1 monster for it anyway so far) then, made a New one again, and now, it is working fine. Buggy....

Anyway, Durnan and the Whores have had AI upgrades. More NPC's will soon as well.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-19-2003, 08:12 AM   #12
Legolas
Jack Burton

Just some minor things you might want to correct.

-The Fenhounds in the prison on lvl 7 are neutral, when they should probably be hostile.
-There is no map note saying 'to undermountain level 8' on level 7.
-There are two map notes nearly on top of eachother on level 8, one saying 'bandit camp' (I think) and the other 'small bandit camp'.
-The script for closing doors is nice, but in need of adjusting. They currently close a round or so after opening, which is too short a period of time for a large party to pass through or for people to have a fight in the doorway. Make it one or two turns and it would be a much better use of the scripts.
-The couches and stools everywhere still do not work, instead they redirect you to the nearest chair. Since both the 'plc_chair' and 'x0_chair2' tagged chairs seem to work, I'm not sure what would be the cause of this.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:21 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Just some minor things you might want to correct.

-The Fenhounds in the prison on lvl 7 are neutral, when they should probably be hostile.
-There is no map note saying 'to undermountain level 8' on level 7.
-There are two map notes nearly on top of eachother on level 8, one saying 'bandit camp' (I think) and the other 'small bandit camp'.
-The script for closing doors is nice, but in need of adjusting. They currently close a round or so after opening, which is too short a period of time for a large party to pass through or for people to have a fight in the doorway. Make it one or two turns and it would be a much better use of the scripts.
-The couches and stools everywhere still do not work, instead they redirect you to the nearest chair. Since both the 'plc_chair' and 'x0_chair2' tagged chairs seem to work, I'm not sure what would be the cause of this.
Oh! Good stuff!! This is what I love to get, it REALLY helps, man! [img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah, I just saw the door close on an players animal companion, so yeah, I'll make it 3 or 4 rounds instead. I'll change those other things as well.

The Chairs thing will be fixed over time. I have to make a seperate script for each chair/couch (if there are more than 1 in a room). BTW, Khelben's couch DOES work!! I fixed it just for you!

Good stuff! I'll add these to the 'fixes to do' list this week.

Keep them coming folks! With your help, when this is released, it'll be a flawless, perfected Mod. (I will give you credit as I always do in projects)! Playtesting really helps me out.

Old 08-19-2003, 08:24 AM   #14
Legolas
Jack Burton

Oh, goody! I think I'll spend a gaming session or two doing nothing but sitting on that thing and gloat
Old 08-19-2003, 05:10 PM   #15
Legolas
Jack Burton

The blink dog on level 2 (near the imprisoned beggars) is also set to neutral, meaning it tends to get torn to shreds a lot.

EDIT: Same thing with the androsphinx on level 7

[ 08-20-2003, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 08-27-2003, 07:20 AM   #16
StigTC

1. What level did this happen on?
Level 7.

2. What were you doing at the exact moment this bug/error showed up?
Fighting.

3. Describe the error/bug/mistake:
The Xander Guild Wizard Leader in the library casts some spells that hurt himself pretty bad. And when he eventually dies from it he turns into something strange (Like a badger or an elemental), it doesn't do anything as he is dead, but he doesn't drop his loot.

4. Is your character good or evil?
Chaotic Evil.

And just a question on the side. The [set] Shadow Thieves - Armor of Shadows is a heavy armor, is that on purpose, because it seems rather unusual for a thief to be able to wear that.

[ 08-27-2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 08-27-2003, 09:14 PM   #17
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I actually had a similar experience to that of StigTC. Party of four, fought the wizard, killed him. However, he stayed upright, and when you dragged the cursor over him, it said as his health "Dead", but he was still standing, as if paralysed, and didn't drop any items.

We did rest up, and wait around a while, but no change. I don't have any idea if this was caused on purpose or not, but I figured I'd throw it in...sorry if it's supposed to be like that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2003, 09:21 PM   #18
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
I actually had a similar experience to that of StigTC. Party of four, fought the wizard, killed him. However, he stayed upright, and when you dragged the cursor over him, it said as his health "Dead", but he was still standing, as if paralysed, and didn't drop any items.

We did rest up, and wait around a while, but no change. I don't have any idea if this was caused on purpose or not, but I figured I'd throw it in...sorry if it's supposed to be like that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yeah I was there, I forgot about that til just now. I pick-pocketed the guy a few times just for kicks since he was just standing around "dead". [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2003, 11:10 PM   #19
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ah! Thanks for reminding me! [img]smile.gif[/img] I remember playing a character on that level and after he died, he didn't fall.. and it still said he 'died'. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Odd! I'll correct that tonight in the next update!

PS: The server shouldn't crash now, since I removed the dying 2nd Hard drive. It was hardlocking, and I decided to pull it. Its a 40GB, but was made in 2001.. So it's not under warrenty.

Old 08-28-2003, 05:57 PM   #20
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I believe I have corrected that Boss Wizard leader. Let me know!

Also, that Heavy Armor is just what he has as stash--HE is wearing some unique Robes (nice AC too). If you kill him, and you can wear them, grab em!

Durnan's Shop will be overhalled soon as well. I'll be adding unique items to his shop tonight.

Closed Thread