Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-02-2001, 04:51 PM   #1
Montravant
Manshoon

Can anybody tell me if my party is ready for this quest???

Me(Mage dualed to Cleric lvl 21/22)(Equiped with Staff of Rynn+4)
Korgan(lvl 18 Equiped with Crom Faeyr and Fortress Shield)
Jahiera(lvl 19 Equiped with a Club +3 (forgot the name of the club) and Shield of Dragon thingamajig)
Viconia(lvl 18 equipped with Mace of Disruption +2)
Jan(lvl 17 equipped with Cutthrout sword)
Edwin(lvl 18 equiped with Staff of Striking and Robe of Vecna)

So am I ready??

------------------
The Masked Wizard Montravant

All that stands in my way shall fall...
Old 11-02-2001, 04:58 PM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

You should be OK. Try it. I did it at a lower level but you'll need good strategies for these guys.

------------------
JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 11-02-2001, 05:07 PM   #3
OmegaKiller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I took on the twisted rune before I left for the island. My character was level 13. It is simple, just put a few traps for Shangler, then after him go for the beholder, then for the mage (careful, she has time stop and a couple of pit fiends) and then mop up. (watch out for the vamp)

really easy

Omegakiller

I am your final death

The destroyer of the Keldorn Order
Old 11-02-2001, 05:10 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I just noticed you have an evil party. Let Viconia control the lich and let him do the dirty work for you.

------------------
JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 11-02-2001, 05:18 PM   #5
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I reckon you will be fine. If you stay near the door and fight them then it should be easy. I did this quest really late on and I found the difficulty really hyped up. SPOILER in the form of a bizarre story:
I went in there with similar levels on my chars. I casted Breach on the lich before I realised what I was doing - but it worked anyway somehow (?!?). I only know because when I hit it with the Vorpal Sword it died instantly. Me and the friend who was walking me through the quest (I hadn't known about it before he told me) sat there baffled for several minutes wondering why he wasn't casting anything. It took us quite some time to realise he was actually dead. Then the Beholder started firing rays at my main char... who was weraing the cloak of reflection. Admittedly he didn't do this for long as after a few minutes he petrified himself. Then the vampire guy started attacking Anomen, who happened to be armed with Mace of Disruption +2. When the dust had settled from the carnage I had 5 characters who had barely lifted a finger and Anomen who had seen to the vampire with a few swings of the mace. All 6 of them then walked over to the female mage in the corner, who lasted all of a few seconds before she exploded. This was one of the most surreal events in the whole of BG2 for me. The people in that room couldn't have been more inept if they had fallen over on banana skins. Me and my friend were pissing ourselves laughing by the end of it...

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast.