Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2002, 05:24 PM   #11
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

She asked if anyone ever played, not if you dont like it.

I know, I'm only kidding around. Like I always say, each to their own.

Old 01-05-2002, 05:32 PM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, I USED to play, but then everyone else where I lived stopped playing so I didn't have anyone to play with.... Still got my cards though... I used to slaughter everyone else so badly that they wouldn't play with me unless I removed my strongest cards [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2002, 05:59 PM   #13
Moni

LOL Neb!
Same here.
I invested about 35.00 in cards and had some great luck with getting really good ones. My ex-husband used to play in tournaments.
Back when the game was new, it was pretty cool but when the excitement started to die down, I got out fast...sold my decks forr 75.00 to a collector.

Rex has a box up in the closet, packed so full, I had to tape it shut.
It'll probably be there until they become antiques.

Lioness, I am glad you started playing and that you are having fun!
If you can locate the CD, they do host online games at several sites.

Old 01-05-2002, 06:08 PM   #14
Lioness
Jack Burton

Yeah, the starter set I got for 2.00 came with the CD. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2002, 08:12 PM   #15
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

IV ed? you gto IV ed? why didn't you go for V? sheesh those were our eras here you know, all of us who haven't played in ages...

i stopped around Urza's Legacy expansion i think...

and it still stumps me how Black Lotus got its 375$ price on alpha and beta?! insane...

i need one more shivan dragon, and i need some good strategies fast... LOL
Old 01-05-2002, 08:58 PM   #16
Lioness
Jack Burton

oops, typo...I have VI edition, and I didn't choose them. My teacher, who runs an after school Magic club got them for me.
Old 01-06-2002, 12:08 AM   #17
Ares

LMAO, I still play every now and then with my friends, who store their cards at my house so i can make them decks when i get bored..

I won almost every Tourney in my hometown, and whenever i walked into the local Card shop place thingie, No one would play with me

I have Black/Blue beatdown decks, Red/Green growth decks with Direct Damage (gotta love Fireball ) and a couple weenie Elf Decks..

I quit collecting cards around the beginning of 7th Edition cuz i was spending wayyy to much money on them damn things..then I looked at MageKnight Figures, which is kinda like Warhammer, but already painted, and i bought some of those but they're more expensive then Magic, so i quit that too.

I think i have about 2 decks that are completely Foil and Rare cards and they're both worth about 140$ each..so it aint that bad i guess.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But hey, its a fun hobby until no one wants to play with you anymore...Go for the gold baby, go for the gold...

Oh yea, i forgot, I would go with a good mono Green Beatdown deck with creatures that give more mana when you tap them (forgot what they're called). Also get some Giant Growth's or other cards like them...i wouldnt get to advanced before you know how to use cards with special abilities...and most importantly... HAVE FUN!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Ares ]

Old 01-06-2002, 12:16 AM   #18
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

i've got foils but... sh*T!!! i lost em! where the hell!

i have a lot of revised ed cards and all that, mirage, Crimson Hellkite. hehehehe

anyways, i only know of V ed and not even reached the sixth! dang that...

oh! about the decks, you have to havee something more than that holy immortal stuff [img]smile.gif[/img] what do you want, fast or slow, powerful or weak but with quick damage that could even pow down the powerful, then if you want to summon or keep on coutering, or the all popular Stasis deck comes to mind
Old 01-06-2002, 04:33 AM   #19
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

I play a couple times a week for fun,and play in a tourney at least once a month.I'm kinda lucky there are two tourneys a week at a store near me.If anybody just wants to play and not invest in cards,wizards (hasbro)is in the beta run of there online magic software.Given free of charge at this point at any premire store,it will when finshed testing in a couple months and be for sale as a complete item with sponcered tourneys online that makeup your ratings and rankings just as much as face to face tourneys.The other site I split my online time with is the CPA http://www.casualplayers.org/forums/index.php very friendly site for magic and more mention me and I am sure you will get a very warm though possibly insane welcome.If any of ya'll rember Gaelic you will see him there from time to time as well.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: sageridder ]

Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 01-06-2002, 07:36 AM   #20
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I played for a bit, a white-blue flyer's deck I wanted white-green but my brother hogged all the green cards we only had a couple of beginner decks and neither of us was willing to spend more money on the cards. They're still lying around somewhere, but we quit playing a while ago - my brother always crushed me anyways, so it was fun for him but not for me.