Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 02-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #31
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima

As Ana had been speaking to the fussy dwarf, Yevaud and Vincent had been removing their weapons as were asked of them. They both stood a little behind Ana and Tao, and Ana looked back at Yevaud when he spoke to her in their language, but also caught a glimpse of Vincent who had left an entire arsenol at his feet, and she could not help but giggle at the sight.

She turned back to the mercenaries and awaited their word so as to peacefully be allowed to continue towards Lockesville.

What was wrong with the town, she pondered, wondering why they had felt the need to hire a couple nervous hirelings such as these to question every passerby that came too near. There indeed must be something of truth to the monstrosity in the forest. It interested her now, what exactly was out there to be found, but indeed she and her friends needed a long rest and supplies before trampling off into the forest to find trouble.

[ 02-24-2007, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #32
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver looked for a while at the three strangers and the pile of weapons on the ground thinking what to do. Anarrima sounded honest, and yet Xaver found it hard to believe that the three of them, who have obviously passed through the forest in order to arrive here, and have probable spent some time in it - days if not weeks - have not seen or heard anything out of the ordinary that might throw some light on their current mission.

However, whether they were telling the truth or not, Xaver knew that he had no right to stop them any longer. Xaver looked at them again. None of the three elves looked any evil. Even the wolf companion seemed friendly. Xaver decided to let them go.

"Allright. You may pick up your weapons and be on your way. Sorry for the inconvenience we have caused." He turned towards Anarrima. "As for your offer my lady, I'm afraid we cannot accept it. Our quest is urgent and we cannot afford to lose time. Farewell."

He turned to his companion and shouted. "Lower your bow and let them pass Pandaros. And you yourself come up here." With his hand he signalled to Pandaros to lower his bow but to keep it ready just in case. Experience has taught him that you can never be too careful with strangers.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #33
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima

Ana was relieved to hear the dwarf feel comfortable with letting them go. She heard Yevaud and Vincent behind her picking up their gear.

"May we have an opportunity to meet you again, good dwarf. We'll be staying in the town for a few days so feel free to come and visit. Farewell and may the Golden Lady grant you excellent health on your mission."

Even as she says those words, she holds up a symbol of her faith that she had concealed beneath her robes and as she did so, both Xaver and Pandaros felt somewhat rejuvenated in mind and body.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #34
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder

"Well Met and fair hunting to ye then, I can understand the need to be cautious.
" Vincent said as he collected his belongings while keeping an eye on the bowman in the back. I need a bow he thought as he eyed the one the man held.
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:54 PM   #35
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout held his bow at his side as he joined Xaver. He kept a wary eye on the wolf while the newcomers retrieved their weapons, but the sense of peace that had radiated from the elf had allayed his suspicions. He turned away from the newcomers to address Xaver.

"So how do you want to start our search? I could move ahead into the forest and search for tracks while you check out farms and homesteads. I have singing arrows to fire, which will alert you if I come under attack."

[ 02-26-2007, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Kazilan ]
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #36
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver gave the three travellers one last look and turned to his companion. "Sounds good to me. If no one finds anything we meet back here in, say, three hours?"

"That's assuming you don't run away like your friend..." he thought to himself.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #37
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Kaylisa TAOWolf

This is one of those rare moments, that Tao wishes she had the energy to shift to human form quickly, stick her tongue out at the dwarf, and switch back so quick, he wouldn't be sure of what he saw. But her humor will have to wait until later. This is not the time to reveal her other nature..... yet...

She nudges Ana with her nose, and wags her tail at a job well done. She stands on all fours, and shakes madly, (getting leaves all over Vincent).

Getting a strange feeling, she looks over a shoulder back at the forest and stares hard at the forest for a few seconds. She can still sense something out there, but not real close, as of yet. She hopes the dwarf and the human do not run into whatever it is.

She pads silently over to Vincent. She bumps his leg with her head, then looks quickly towards the gate then up at him, hoping he gets the message she would like him to lead the group in...

[ 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]
TAOWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #38
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima

It was a most refreshing feeling to have those two hired hands leave them in peace, because Ana was about at her wits end with fatigue. The rest along the way was not a rest at all, and she lamented at her distance from her Goddess...she had been so tired that she had not taken proper time to meditate and draw near her Divine Goddess. It was something to soon be remedied. The depression she was suffering at the loss of Marcos...not that he had perished...but in the way that he died alone had not settled with her yet. She had ran in fear for her own life. She...a cleric, somebody who typically works to serve others before herself.

She snapped out of it as Tao nestled her with that soft nose, and went on to tease Vincent with a messy shake. She giggled as Vincent brushed away the leaves from his trousers in mock frustration and then said,

"I agree with her. You definately should lead the way...being that this is a far-placed human settlement. Maybe seeing you as our leader will soften the blow if there be any bias."
Old 02-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #39
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Simon Locke

Simon had never before questioned his senses...his sight, touch, hearing...all of these were tools that he readily believed when they told him something. Those senses were now shown for the fools that they are, and Simon simply sat there, hearing the last of the words of this...this speaker of fascinating tales...but to his senses he was waging a war of chastisement and self-audit as to whether he had gone crazy or had been tricked by such splendid magic that he had never before seen. He had had a presumption as to what magic was only due to the town's unfavorable resident who had a niche for blowing things up...but this magic was one that pulled at one's internal workings...and gave cause to question one's sanity from the inside out.

Yet for all that had happened, the spinster of fine tales and finer illusions had been gracious enough to lead Simon back into the land of reality...if it were now to be believed. Indeed, was the very chair he was sitting in a chair, or was it a dog? He wanted to get up and actually confirm this theory, but embarrassment at how that would appear slowed his desire for such a comedic act.

He nodded and pondered silently from here onward until this Joseph was finished with his warning. He noted that Joseph did not know whether danger had followed or not. He could not take a chance and realized that he needed to find out.

"I thank you for the honesty you have granted my brother and I, and I can honestly say that we intend you no harm, for while I should question my own judgement at such a time as this, moreso than ever, I think you are actually here by way of a noble gesture and for that we honor you.

What has happened has happened and we can only hope for the best now, and if I am to do my duty I would like to begin making preparations for my small town to protect my people in the event that harm is headed this way.

Is there some assistance that your abilities could lend us if indeed we are to soon meet this enemy of your friend?"
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #40
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder

Giving a tired smile, he dusted himself off and headed towards the gate at Tao's suggestion. Looking at the two mercenaries as he passed them, he offered them a look of good luck as he over heard there conversation, stopped for a moment and then shook his head and then attempted to find the scent of cooking food, he was famished.
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote