Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-12-2001, 03:09 AM   #11
Nostron
Manshoon

hey kellin, ouch... colors hurts me eyes. nice reply though had to squint to read it but anywayz i comply with the elf fighter/mage multi their just cruel in the higher levels of the game. =D
Old 03-12-2001, 03:12 AM   #12
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Yep thinks I'm just gonna stick with the standard colors now. I keep getting worse and worse (Damm this HTML!).

Old 03-12-2001, 03:29 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kendon:
1:I was just wondering if anyone here continues their game after one of there members dies ? This probebly wouldn't be anything to worry about if u can bring them back to life, but for me, i always restart what i have just done if someone dies... (or are there enough NPC's to just keep going?)

2: Who is your favourite class, and why ??? (i cant really answer this because i havn't finished the game yet and ive only tried Mage and Paladin)

Start the debat !!

Did someone mention COLORS?

Depends on whether or not I'm playing good or evil. If I'm playing good, I'll lug them away to be healed. If I'm evil I just dump them and move on to the next willing body.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-12-2001, 08:27 AM   #14
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I hate having characters die. Even with raise the dead spells I tend to reload, just to see whether I can win the fight without anyone dieing. I've heard death can tend to mess up the romances too. Only if I haven't saved for a while or after a really tough fight will I keep going. I never leave characters dead though.

Favourite character- Fighter. Gets to kill lots of things.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 03-12-2001, 01:38 PM   #15
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

1. I have always reloaded.

2. My favourite class is: human kensai/thief or elven fighter/mage/thief.
Old 03-12-2001, 01:56 PM   #16
dafan

I always have someone to cast resuructionspells

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-12-2001, 03:56 PM   #17
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Did someone mention COLORS?

Depends on whether or not I'm playing good or evil. If I'm playing good, I'll lug them away to be healed. If I'm evil I just dump them and move on to the next willing body.

Offtopic: sorry, Memnoch, but I just cannot hold it back: does the latter part really describe your BGII evil party or rather your RL dating policy ? Don't give me that look, just reread what you have written yourself !

Ontopic: When I am playing CRPGs I tend to put myself into the position of a movie director making a fantasy movie, that means that the "final take" has to fit into an enticing overall story. In that perspective, a party member's death in a minor battle is just anticlimatic (>reload), but in a major battle it actually adds to the sense of drama (>resurrection). To heighten that effect even more, in BG I I sometimes would abstain from resurrecting a npc who died in a major battle altogether. But in BG II I have grown so fond of my characters, especially the imported ones from BGI, that I simply could not do that, it would ruin the "movie".

My favourite class is the fighter/mage, because of his versatility. Btw, Kendon,
there is a poll on this very subject on the poll section of this board. You might want to take a look.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 05:14 PM   #18
Sentinel04
The Magister

My signature is colorful.

------------------
Old 03-12-2001, 10:21 PM   #19
Jimbo
The Magister

1. Reload, and retry

2. Fighter/Thief duel-class

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 03-12-2001, 11:18 PM   #20
sirgwayne

I reload. Favorite character would have to be Palidin. Very strong and dignified. Oh yea Clerics are awesome to! straight classes. Haven't
messed around to much with the multi I like looking at my character and knowing exactly what they can do, and have.

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.