Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2000, 12:45 AM   #1
PoisonedPawn

So I got Icewind Dale today(I'm really new to the D&D universe) and I have this dumb problem.

After I start a game and create my characters I usually lose one of them after a couple of fights. However I have absolutely NO idea how to ressurect them thus I can't use them anymore at all. Usually after one of them dies I go and buy a ressurect scroll from the temple. When I go to find my character's corpse it's not where it has died anymore.(where did it go?) I try to use the resurect scroll and it tells me that my character is too far away. Do they go in some specific place after they die?(Like the town in diablo2).
What exactly do I need to do to ressurect a character after it dies?(Remember all my characters are level 1 since I just created the game)

Help me because this silly problem is really frustrating. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2000, 01:23 PM   #2
MeanUnclePaulie

Hmmmm....that does sound odd! All the times one of my dude's bit the big one, I grabbed all his stuff and brought it with me. Once he was brought back to life, I just threw it back at him. That's been my experience, and it's treated me well, so you may be limited to that; carrying all the dead guy's stuff back with you if you want to save it!

Anyone else have more info on this?
Old 08-23-2000, 01:26 PM   #3
MeanUnclePaulie

Whoops, another thing about bringing them back to life....Go to the temple and chose the dead guy when you talk to the priestess. K You know how when you go in to buy armor, the items will go red depending on whether the chosen character can wear them? Well, it's kinda like that. Chose the dead guy and buy resurrection and viola! he'll be back from the dead with one measly hit point.
Old 08-24-2000, 12:32 AM   #4
slag-king

Raise Dead is the one that brings up characters back to life with only 1 hp...won't work on Elves. Resurrection on the other hand brings back characters back to life with full hp, AND it works on elves. I never understood the value of Raise dead when I could use Resurrection...go figure. And if you're quoting on price...there's a priest in Chapter 6 who does it for free...where that silly voodoo idol weaves its spell on the priests. I never had to use the raise dead until chapter 6 where fighting became a bit more intense.
Old 08-24-2000, 01:07 AM   #5
pyrogator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, if you can't afford a resurrection scroll, raise dead is a cheaper alternative. Plus, if your cleric is not high enough level to cast resurrection, then raise dead might be the only other option. all comes down to whether you have the cash/casting power or not.
pyrogator is offline   Reply With Quote