Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-13-2001, 12:06 PM   #31
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey, Turbo, I will not be available tonight to play due to the fact that tomorrow, my gf is going on Band Tour with her College Concert Band to New Orrleans, LA, and I should probably spend the last night we have for three weeks being attentive and all that crap. (just kidding, ladies)(ducking) HEY!

Anyways, I thought about it, and I am pretty sure it is the lack of patch that makes our multi-gaming incompatible. How long did it take to download the patch? It just seemed like it dragged and dragged, then AOL crapped out.

Hopefully, next time I can play in longer than 10 second intervals. humph.

BK
Old 03-13-2001, 12:27 PM   #32
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi BK,

I've got a 512K cable modem and the patch took less than 10 seconds to D/L as I recall. My brother is a technical trainer for Microsoft and is subsequently highly clued up with this sort of stuff. He said you will never be able to join our game until your game is patched as the games are effectively different versions of the same thing and won't recognise each other. Try to D/L the patch again with nothing running in the background. It sounds as though you may have a slow connection or maybe you just tried to D/L at a bad time. Try to find out what kind of net connection you have and I'll ask if there's any way to enhance it.

This is the exact URL of the patch that I am using. - http://www.3ddownloads.com/?file_id=139818

I used the top link, the middle was not working originally. Hope it works ok.....keep us posted.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-13-2001, 01:05 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Big fat SMOOCHES to Charlie and BK

If you can't dl the patch and install BK, we can still try to have one of us dl the file and zip it to send, but I'm wondering if it already a compressed file as it comes from Interplay...that won't zip at our end...

Try downloading at an off-peak time, BK. Like early morning or really late at night. Might be faster and AOL won't kick up a fuss.

CB
Old 03-13-2001, 02:20 PM   #34
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Hi BK,

I've got a 512K cable modem and the patch took less than 10 seconds to D/L as I recall. My brother is a technical trainer for Microsoft and is subsequently highly clued up with this sort of stuff. He said you will never be able to join our game until your game is patched as the games are effectively different versions of the same thing and won't recognise each other. Try to D/L the patch again with nothing running in the background. It sounds as though you may have a slow connection or maybe you just tried to D/L at a bad time. Try to find out what kind of net connection you have and I'll ask if there's any way to enhance it.

This is the exact URL of the patch that I am using. - http://www.3ddownloads.com/?file_id=139818

I used the top link, the middle was not working originally. Hope it works ok.....keep us posted.

I know that I'm not BK, but I checked out the link you gave him and it shows the experience point cap remover?

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-13-2001, 02:30 PM   #35
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks Tobbin.

I had the browser open there in response to another post although I think we agreed it should be d/l anyway.

The official patch (International and possibly updated since we d/l'd it) is at - http://www.interplay.com/bgate2/update/

Thanks again Tobbin...you may well have saved a lot of head scratching there.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:34 PM   #36
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Thanks Tobbin.

I had the browser open there in response to another post although I think we agreed it should be d/l anyway.

The official patch (International and possibly updated since we d/l'd it) is at - http://www.interplay.com/bgate2/update/

Thanks again Tobbin...you may well have saved a lot of head scratching there.

Well, I was looking there and noticed it is 9Meggers. I hope this doesn't cause a problem for BK though. If he is on a modem connection, it could get pretty aggravating. Especially if he's on AO(Hel)L. Certain times of the day, you just can't download to save your life.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-13-2001, 02:48 PM   #37
Black Knight

I was trying at various times between 7-10 pm . . . what . . . those ARE peak times? Get out . . . oh . . .(sigh) never mind.

BK
Old 03-13-2001, 06:20 PM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey BK, uh yah, that would be peak hours. HAHA

So Drizzt, how's spammin? LOL Next time you're up late or early, try the dl then

CB
Old 03-14-2001, 10:07 AM   #39
Black Knight

Thanks, CB. I will try to see if my buddy minds me coming over tonight. He is sick (baby) and not at work. SO, while the boss is away . . . hehehehe

BK
Old 03-14-2001, 12:01 PM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

If you can get the patch dl and set up, we are hoping to play a little tonight around 7ish our time...er..I think. Stay tuned for more updates!

Boss out sick...huh....

CB