Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 02:25 AM   #51
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey, armi, i wish you all the luck in the world, how long have you known your lady love? have you two shacked up before the nupts? i could give yiou some statisticsa, but you know th saying , there's lies, damn lies, and statistics.
lady w, good luck in the domiciliarary endeavors, i don't even know if the lowering interest rates in the us are going to hav e any effect on what you are doing, but if you just keep on plugging away and looking, the interest rate should eventually go world wide and help you, but you are correct, the man upstairs has this way of providing for you, the only prob is recognizing exactly what and why he is giving to you. kep the faith, you'll come up with something. I have another year and half before i can get another house for me and my daughter amanda, and i am just sitting tight, trusting in the man upstairs to have something ready when i am.
I have a question, and i hope that no offense is taken, because I promise absolutely none is meant. If i understand correctly, cloud and wendy are both with a significant other?
If this is so, I understand that every couple sets their own standards for behaviour, but I guess I am at a loss as far as the black knight et al, is concerned.?
I know it is not my place to comment, really, and after looking over what I have typed so far, I guess I have projected part of the pain of my past life into your postings. please disregard, and keep the friendly banter going, I think I spend more time on this board than I do actually playing the game, anymore. I love D&D, but really miss the interpersonal interaction that made it so special when it was pnp.
Old 02-20-2001, 02:32 AM   #52
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Cloudskulker's policy is that when the knight is away, the cloudsneaker will play!!!!

Ain't that right, Cloudsweeper?
Old 02-20-2001, 04:02 AM   #53
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Ah, there you are.. Well this feels like a bar after a war.. All the tired participants gather a bit confused and all.. Well I had trouble to get in Friday and well so did you I guess, when I came back this morning with a cup of coffe in my hand, er paw.. hehe I saw that. alot of nice threads had disappeared and everything looked like the boogeyman had run around and done nasty things everywhere.. Well to admit it, Cloudbringer, finally! hehe, nice littlerainy cloud there. Melusine? Are you a sponsered surfer? I don´t mean to be rude but this isn´t the place to brag about being a sponsered BG2 player.. (hey how did you get that sponsershiop??? )

Well Howly do to you all!
Old 02-20-2001, 07:13 AM   #54
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Well I live in Knoxville, TN. Some call it Gods country. I call it home! Armi, glad to see you finally came up for air. Set the date yet?

Well Hi Ho Hi Ho. It's off to work I go. See you all at lunch!
Old 02-20-2001, 07:18 AM   #55
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ehm Wolfgir, your sig isn't showing. You just need to put [img = www.address.com]for it to show up (without the spaces around the = )
Old 02-20-2001, 07:29 AM   #56
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Damn!
This wolf ows big brave great helpful memnoch a big WOLFGRIN!!!!

Thanks mate! Know, there were something fishy going on..
Old 02-20-2001, 07:55 AM   #57
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

(peeking through the door, heavy sigh) Ok, I see it's time to wander in and take the heat,so to speak.

Newbie:
From what you typed, it sounds as if you had a very unhappy personal experience and I can certainly understand how those things can color ones perspective on other things.
Okay, now for some sort of clearer explanation for you. Cloud is, in what we like to call 'real life', single, unattached, churchgoing and a "good girl" as they say. Or maybe in words our car-buff members will grasp: a very low mileage model.
Black Knight is a virtual role-playing friend (and a very nice, imaginative and fun-loving guy, btw, who has a 'real' girl of his own out there several hundred miles from where I reside). As for the exchanges between Armisael and myself, well, we are both obviously attracted by the word games, the challenge of the dual-parry, thrust and touche! One volley deserves another and so on and so forth. It isn't easy to find people who have the intelligence, charm, wit and wisdom he has and I enjoy our little exchanges and it seems he does as well. I do apologize if it was 'over the top' for anyone who read it last night. Please do keep in mind,that I for one, have nothing but the highest regard for Armisael as a person and a friend and would never knowingly do anything to harm him or his relationship with his intended. I was very much behind his decision to 'take the plunge' and incredibly happy for him when he announced that he had.

I will let LadyWendy speak for herself, but will add that again, it is all in the spirit of virtual fun and from what I've seen, she is a delightfully zany and downright decent person. I am honored that she pops into my threads for fun and laughter and allows me to do the same in hers.

Again, newbie, just a misunderstanding,as you guessed. But it does bother me that I let it go to the point where it upset someone. So sorry.

Cloudbringer
Old 02-20-2001, 07:59 AM   #58
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Newbie, it's just a bit of fun! Don't take it too seriously.

Don't start gushing rain, Cloud! *stern glare* I didn't bring an umbrella.
Old 02-20-2001, 08:08 AM   #59
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wolfgir: UH? I didn't follow that. 'Finally', what? Or do I want to know? Oh well, a scritch behind the ear for you, anyway, nice wolfie.

Memnoch: Play nice, I'm in the proverbial dog-house just now. Besides, I am definitely out of practice swapping jests with you, since you've turned into Memny the Magnificent Evader of StormQueen in real-time! LOL!

Oh and BK? Let's put this thread into that box labeled: 'Cloudbringer stuff, totally unrelated to her beloved Black Knight'---Your StormCloud is still in the keep having the wallpaper replaced. Smooooch!
Old 02-20-2001, 08:17 AM   #60
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memny: Thanks. You made me laugh.
Poor Cloudsweeper felt a bit like Minesweeper this morning...sigh...

Oh, and it's good to see you around, I was starting to think I'd jumped time zones again, the way we kept missing one another!

I'll send you a little sunshine, sweeting. (BIG BEAMING SMILE) Okay?!