Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 12:01 PM   #1
Guk73
Dungeon Master

OK, this isn't the usual how do I get through the portals question. My question is....How the hell can I kill all these demons without getting my ass kicked?!!

My party consists of:
Me(Azuran) Ranger-Level 20
Minsc Ranger-Level 20
Jahiera Fighter-Level 15/Druid-Level 14
Imoen Mage-Level 18/Thief-Level 7
Aerie Cleric-Level 15/Mage-Level 14
Nalia Mage-Level 19/Thief-Level4

I don't think I should have any trouble considering my exp. but I keep getting killed.
I have also heard that the higher the level of your characters the more difficult Watchers Keep is. Is this true?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2002, 09:04 PM   #2
Sir Loin of Beef
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't think they get tougher with the higher level that your character is. I'm not sure if want to try this but if those demon dudes are putting the beat down on you and you're gettin' PO'd maybe kick down the difficulty level for the duration of the battle.

Works pretty good when you reach 'the last straw'
Old 07-27-2002, 12:15 PM   #3
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

you could always try using 1 char to lure them one by one into a room where the rest of you party are waiting then shut the door and deal with them one by one
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
you could always try using 1 char to lure them one by one into a room where the rest of you party are waiting then shut the door and deal with them one by one
Except there are no doors.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 01:22 AM   #5
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

For me the hardest part of the 3rd level in the tower, is that darn demon wraith. Even worse; beat him once without anyone getting killed and when I tried to save the game, accidently reloaded instead.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:33 AM   #6
Grindar Silvermane
Manshoon

Location: Temple of Tempus: The High Hall of Swords and Banners
Quote:
Originally posted by The Ornery One:
For me the hardest part of the 3rd level in the tower, is that darn demon wraith. Even worse; beat him once without anyone getting killed and when I tried to save the game, accidently reloaded instead.
That's what they have a quicksave button for on the keyboard. No question, just saving
Old 08-26-2002, 03:09 PM   #7
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Well i better post too here, there are supposed to be 3 specter gems, one's on the cambion, other's on the creepy blue shaded slayer thingy, where's the 3rd, i seemed to have forgotten ! IS it on the demonic wraith?
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 12:12 PM   #8
Fiend
Manshoon

*****SPOILER*****
Against the demon wraith I summoned a fallen deva and 2 skeleton warriors, cast haste on everything and sent my pc(ranger-cleric dual wielding crom-feayr & flail of ages) and fallen deva against the demon wraith and everyone else (Aerie,Viciona,korgan,jan,edwin?? and 2 skelton warriors) against the other demons. managed to beat them 1st time only losing aerie and the skeleton warriors.
-------------------
[img]graemlins/diablo.gif[/img]
Old friend of Bhaal's.
Cyrics pit-fiend.
Part-time God.

[ 08-27-2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Fiend ]
Old 08-27-2002, 12:32 PM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Planaetars work better [img]smile.gif[/img] Dragon's breath seems capable of bypassin lich defenses, for some reason. This was discovered when I imported a solo mage from ToB into SoA to see how quickly I could conquer it and whether I would reach lvl 40 this time (I had the xp cap remover from Baldurdash)...the game was infested with liches. I hit 'em with dragon's breath and they died straight away...I was stunned, to say the least (me, not the game character [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) A time-stop abi-dalzim's horrid wilting/dragon's breath combination is just so nice...and Immy and Nalia should be able to cast that right now, seeing as they are a reasonably high level.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote