Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
Chewbacca
Zartan

Drooling Re: First Impressions

I just read here about issues with downloading the bonus content if you purchase the game via Steam or Impulse. Mandatory forum sign ups are involved?

Quote:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...m_campaign=rss

excerpt:
EA and Bioware's Dragon Age: Origins launched yesterday, and PC gamers rejoiced at having another tactical Bioware RPG to sink their teeth into. With digital distribution platforms like Steam and Impulse becoming more popular, it's no surprise that many gamers decided to buy their copy of the game online. The problem? EA and Bioware require you to sign into their own websites, with their own accounts and login information, to allow you to access the bonus content from your purchase. That process, it seems, is broken for many users.

If you bought the game via Impulse? Your problems might be much, much worse.
I wonder if it was an EA or Bioware idea to harvest forum signups with bonus content lures. Oh, I sorry they aint forums anymore, they are "social networks".
Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: First Impressions

In a few days, all those extra content packs will be linked here for download (if its legal and possible) much like the BG2 and IWD extra packs were.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I'm trying them all and so far I think my favourite origin story is the Human Noble one.

If you take the time to go around and talk to each of your family members, servants, and also especially if you get your "friend" to come for a sleepover, you really get good drama once the action starts. They really got me into the character.

I'm going to try a Female Dwarven Noble next, and then finish with a Daelish Elf archer and chose which Origin I want to use for my first play through.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
I'm trying them all and so far I think my favourite origin story is the Human Noble one.

If you take the time to go around and talk to each of your family members, servants, and also especially if you get your "friend" to come for a sleepover, you really get good drama once the action starts. They really got me into the character.

I'm going to try a Female Dwarven Noble next, and then finish with a Daelish Elf archer and chose which Origin I want to use for my first play through.
I'm pretty much doing the exact same. However, I am a little attached to mage. They're not restricted to the D&D rules so are actually quite viable in most situations.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This game looks sick!!!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Well spent 1 hour just playing in the Nobel Human intro....pretty sweet, but if all the intros are like this, am going to have to try them all.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Be careful Playing a Dwarf with Bonus Items as you will lose them at some point with no ability to get them back at this stage.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK View Post
Well spent 1 hour just playing in the Nobel Human intro....pretty sweet, but if all the intros are like this, am going to have to try them all.

I agree. I am tempted to stop my human rogue for a few hrs and try other paths But naa.. I gotta go get revenge.. GRRRRR!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #19
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-D-C View Post
Be careful Playing a Dwarf with Bonus Items as you will lose them at some point with no ability to get them back at this stage.
Yeah it's with the Dwarf Noble. One of my favourite origin.

There is a way to get your items back. Go in your downloadable section and deactivate the bonus items DLC. Then load your game without them, save. Go back to the main menu, re-enable them and they'll be given to your character again when you re-load your game with the save you just made.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Just wondering, but, has anyone found this game to be too difficult or found the fights too tough? I am reading quite a few posts on the forums about this, and cannot for the life of me understand why.

Is it that they're just fps kiddies trying to mow everything down? You know, no pausing, taking care of their "main" char only and expecting the rest to happen on its own. I mean, anyone who has played BG to NWN to PS:T knows the value of pausing and queueing up actions. How in the hell are these people "wiping almost every fight" on normal mode?

I am not that far in myself, and am playing on normal difficulty, but everything I have come up against so far is a breeze once I watch health and queue up spells/skills. I have barely used any potions or items, instead relying on my own character abilities to mitigate or heal damage. I dunno, it just seems odd to me that anyone could experience the game this way. Challenging is great, but when they say they are dying every fight...wtf?