Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 10:28 AM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi!

I am 38 year old , and think it is cool to play computergames (RPG and RTS). I have a girfriend now that dont understand why i a 38 year old dude "like to fly around and kill people in games" like she say huu "You are not 17 year old anymore is what she say you are a mad guy!!
And she say i most be the only guy over 25 year in this world that like flying around and play games on the computer and kill others lol!

Strange girl! Not like Vesselle!!! lol

So is this so? or is it other "oldies" to in the same situation?

[ 07-11-2002, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-11-2002, 10:38 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Dude! What are you doing gaming when you have a girlfriend?!? I play games because I have no GF but if I had one I'd spend my time with her, not playing games...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
Charean
Hathor

Every guy I know - and I am 38 as well - plays computer games! Some of them as silly as Space Invaders on occasion.
And to let you know - I have been playing computer games for the last several years. I discovered them late in life.

Are you weird? Nope. But then, I think any techie in the States plays games to let off steam from work.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:55 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm 36 Megabot, so i'm not an old fart like you yet , but i still play lots of games and i don't think that will ever change. It's a hobby, you know ? Some people collect stamps, others visit hookers all the time, and i play games, so what ???????? [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 11:21 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

We have people on here 60+ who still play games. A friend of mine who's in her 50's now did playtesting for Steve Jackson Games down in Austin, TX, during her 40's.

I don't see what in the heck age has to do with anything!

(and BTW, I'm 38 as well, going to be 39 in September. Anyone who has a problem with me playing games can BITE me.)

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 07-11-2002, 11:30 AM   #6
Lioness
Jack Burton

*sticks out tongue at all the old farts* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, I've been teased for playing DnD too, there aren't many teenage girls that play, I guess. [img]smile.gif[/img] *shrugs* Silly people don't understand the ecstatic joy that comes from whooping up a horde of gibberlings.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:31 AM   #7
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Many people are bored stiff in life because they associate the words "game", "play" and "toy" with childish. They wonder why kids don't like hanging around them. Be playful for cripes sake! Have fun! Life is far too short to waste it on being "serious" and "proper"!
Old 07-11-2002, 11:40 AM   #8
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Anyone who has a problem with me playing games can BITE me.
How provocative you are lately, Saz

On a more serious note, age shouldn't even be an issue where computer games are concerned. I think some people hear the word 'game' and immediately visualise young children running around playing 'tag'. This makes some people try distance themselves from anything concerning the offending word in an erroneus attempt to seem mature and 'above that kind of thing.'

Computer games are for anyone. They should just be seen as a hobby - anyone and everyone has hobbies, so why shouldn't everyone be free to play what they wish?

Anyone who has a problem with me playing games can... no, hold on, let's keep things decent here

Old 07-11-2002, 11:41 AM   #9
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah you have right all of you lol but what shall i tell her? She look at this "annoying" soap Operaes" on tv all the time is that any better? No i dont think so, so i trie to tell here that and she say to me that it is "real world" this things happend not in a fu*ing game OMG what can i say? Is it "real world" that stupid tv series NO way!
Old 07-11-2002, 11:59 AM   #10
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
Yeah you have right all of you lol but what shall i tell her? She look at this "annoying" soap Operaes" on tv all the time is that any better? No i dont think so, so i trie to tell here that and she say to me that it is "real world" this things happend not in a fu*ing game OMG what can i say? Is it "real world" that stupid tv series NO way!
Soap Operas happen in the REAL WORLD!?!?!?!? [img]graemlins/laughsaywhat.gif[/img] ROTFLMAO!

You must be kidding! What world is she living in? The one where everyone is rich, powerful, beautiful, scandal is a daily occurance, and VD doesn't exist? At least I admit it when something I'm enjoying is a fantasy! OMG! [img]graemlins/laughsaywhat.gif[/img]

You want reality? Take a physics, chemistry, math, or engineering course! Build a house! Do volunteer work in third world countries, or even this one. Join the military for a stint. THAT'S REALITY! Be forewarned! Reality can suck! Buy a helmet!