Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-12-2001, 06:35 PM   #1
Myke311
Elite Waterdeep Guard

finished underdark and killed bodhi, but every time I go to bring lampturn to elhan, everyone but the war sage turn hostile (harpers are present) If I attack, a war guard kills my main character instantly
Old 05-12-2001, 06:40 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Is Jaheira in your party?

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-12-2001, 06:46 PM   #3
Myke311
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep.
Old 05-12-2001, 06:53 PM   #4
Myke311
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had gone thru the whole harpers wanting to kill me because I was the son of Bhall stuff and Jahiera said that the harpers were wrong and left, then I rescued her, then when in the Pass, the powerhungry harper showed up and attacked, crushed him and journal was updated with "resolution of the harper troubles." I have montaron's body. That proves the harpers were murderers..but to whom? who do they answer to when there are no harpers in the estate in the docks anymore.
Old 05-12-2001, 07:03 PM   #5
Reeka

Man, I had no more trouble after cleaning out the Harper's the last time. Jaheira said something about them not really being Harper's or they wouldn't act that way. I just reread your post and am thinking about when others have posted about the Harper business and Jaheira. I think you have to have 3 encounters with the Harpers and kill them. There's no one there but the Harpers? You can't attack them and leave the elves out of it?

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-12-2001, 07:14 PM   #6
Myke311
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, And whats wierd is I went back to my saved games and got the lamptern before jahiera leaves and the same thing...hostile harpers, hostile general, hostile elhan, and neutral war sage!
Old 05-12-2001, 07:25 PM   #7
Reeka

You got the lamphorn before Jaheira leaves? Then you haven't finished out the plot thread with Jaheira to lay to rest the conflict with the Harpers. I am (95% positive--it's been a while since I did this) that you have to have three encounters. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Have you tried clearing up the mess with the Harpers's (Jaheira leaving, etc). before getting the lamphorn. Do you have a save that goes back that far?

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-12-2001, 07:36 PM   #8
Reeka

Myke: I would suggest getting the trigger to have Jaheira leave. Go get her back and wripe out the Harpers (who aren't really Harpers). That as far as I can remember finishes up the Harper stuff with Jaheira. Then get the lamphorn and you shouldn't have a problem. With me, until I finished the encounters they would pop up at the most damnable inconvenient time. I got literally trapped in the Planar Sphere and thought I would never get out. The encounters seem to work on a triggered time table. I would try to change my action to have it not trigger when you've trying to give the lamphorn to Elhan. Probably a glitch but that doesn't help much knowing that. You've got to maneuver around it.

------------------
O_H_F