Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 04:44 AM   #1
jbombard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Who are the coolest/most entertaining NPCs to play with and why?(not necessarily the toughest) I usually stick with some combination of Jaheira, Aerie, Minsc, Yoshimo, Valygar, and Imoen. But for the short time Korgan is in my party(for his quest) he always has me laughing. But I always end up dumping him because he is evil.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:55 AM   #2
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

Welcome to the board
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Jan i'd say is the funniest (funniest dialogue)
Artimes (cheat npc)is the coolest because of his voice
or a non cheat NPC HHMmmmmm...minc 'cos he's but kicking for goodness!

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
Old 03-16-2001, 05:34 AM   #3
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Minsc (and Boo!), combined with that nutcase sword make for a very enjoyable night of butt kicking. Besides that he has a very good arsonal of weapons to pick from, good in a fight, and has is my babes bodyguard (Aerie). On top of that he is willing to help me find the deadly snow weezel soon as we can get to Rashaksa. What else can you ask from a true friend? Exclent NPC.

I like Keldorn and Aerie too. I'm so far dissapointed with Imoen. I thought haveing her turn mage would be intresting, but so far all I'm doing is playing catch up with her. (reminds me anyone know where I can find a stinken blurr spell?)

Yoshimo was quickly becomming one of my favorites, but I decided he had to go and took in Imoen. I think he took it well in the end, he was all business.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-16-2001, 06:11 AM   #4
dafan

Minsc and his Boo is absolutly THE coolest

Aerie is nice as well...but only if you got patience

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-16-2001, 11:44 AM   #5
white heron
Manshoon

Im wondering if you can change NPC's alighnments with SK,without the game crashing.
I ALWAYS play a GOOD party,and only took Korgan for the duration of his quest,but he was pretty funny.Its amusing telling Keldorn that you are a 'child of bhaal'and hearing him pledge his allegiance to you!!!!!??(Keldorn-he's a real trooper,and great support in times of uncertainty!)I usually cheat and change Keldorn's Crossbow proficiency to Longbow.
But yes....Minsc is my fave.

------------------
"And remember what i told you....Walk with rage against those who threaten the great Mother!".
Old 03-16-2001, 12:13 PM   #6
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

If you have shadowkeeper, and don't mind losing the helmet spot for something cool, why don't you try the Helmet of Opposite Alignment on Korgon? I tried it with Viconia sometime back, and I ran my reputation way up, and she never left or complained.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:30 PM   #7
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, Minsc & Boo have to my faves as well. I LOVE "butt kicking for goodness" is such a wonderful concept! I also like Keldorn - he is a very useful fighter. Imoen; yes; well, I thought she would be much more interesting, but she is rather boring, actually. But, then, she has been through a lot... probably badly traumatised! She was a much brighter companion in BG1.....
But I think Yoshimo is the most useful character in the game.. I got quite fond of him.......
SPOILISH INFO
and actually cried about his fate!
F.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:43 PM   #8
Pippin from Shire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Minsc +Boo with the Lilacor... you have a laugh...
When they start arguing.. =)

"Ahhh im a +12 Hackmaster" =)

------------------
I protect and serve my humble and gentle cousin Frodo from Shire.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:45 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

you sentimental woman! No I was upset too...

Anyway, if you have shadowkeeper, it's ten times easier if you just change the alignments instead of using the Helmet of Opposite Alignment. It will not crash the game and you'll save your helmet slots. Also, I always change their alignments to chaotic neutral, so their behaviour and dialogue will not appear incongruous. After all, the Helmet gives them a good alignment and then the things they say will not match their actual alignment. While chaotic neutral means you can get away with virtually everything!

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-16-2001, 04:46 PM   #10
Azrael Abyss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

jaheira is my personal fav. She has an attitude, is far more useful than her stats would lead you to believe, has genuine emotions (for a computer character) and she is THE slut! Sheesh, not 2 weeks after she finds her dead hubby, she is wanting The Prince of Sorrow something fierce! Ah well, gotta love Jaheira..

Keldorn is very cool too. Very Pallidinish and that must be hard to implement into a character properly. I also like Minsc but he is a tad too silly. Viconia is pretty cool too but she has no real motivations and that sucks...

The WORST IMO is Aerie. What an annoying character! Following close behind her is Nalia and Valygar. Nalia is also very annoying and Valygar is very boring once his quest is done.

Azrael Abyss

------------------
I'm the prince of sorrow... Woooo!