Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 08:38 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
That would be fourth behind (in no particular order) Rugby Union, Rugby League and Aussie Rules would it?

That is is you count Aussie Rules as some kind of football at all. As far as I can see, it is the mutant offspring of a menage a trois between scoccer, rugby and basketball. Its primary tactic seems to be to scare the sh*t out of the opposition by jumping at their heads.

I am convinced that if you took away the ball from most Aussie Rules games, the players would just get on with the real purpose and have a damn good blue anyway
1. Australian Rules Football
2. Rugby Union (in terms of players)
3. Rugby League (possibly more popular following - Super League turned a lot of followers like myself off)

Aussie rules is very similar to Gaelic Football played in Ireland, and the two countries have played a combined rules variety against each other before. The true spectacle of the game is best appreciated at the park. On TV it looks very chaotic.

I actually prefer Football (soccer) and if it was covered better in Australia more, would be a fan. As it is I hang out for the World and Euro Cups.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-02-2001, 09:27 AM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Welcome Azreal - good to see someone else living in WA-stralia on this board. Aussie Rules is the number one code - and my side, the Brisbane Lions, humbled the all conquering Essendon Bombers tonight - just waiting about and killing another hour and a half before the replay. Hope your not a West Coast supporter Azreal, those guys were pathetic today by all reports.

As to the Ashes - I see the English are making a big score against Pakistan. I don't recall too many batsmen that put up any resistance the last time we played them - maybe we might just see some 4 day tests this tour (dodges the well thrown Donut, without spilling his cider this time).

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 09:33 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Welcome Azreal - good to see someone else living in WA-stralia on this board. Aussie Rules is the number one code - and my side, the Brisbane Lions, humbled the all conquering Essendon Bombers tonight - just waiting about and killing another hour and a half before the replay. Hope your not a West Coast supporter Azreal, those guys were pathetic today by all reports.

As to the Ashes - I see the English are making a big score against Pakistan. I don't recall too many batsmen that put up any resistance the last time we played them - maybe we might just see some 4 day tests this tour (dodges the well thrown Donut, without spilling his cider this time).

Did you guys know that I lived in Newman for four years as a kid. Up near Marble Bar.

------------------

Old 06-02-2001, 09:41 AM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Man Yorick, It's HOT up that way from all reports. I am an immigrant to Western Australia, having lived most of my life in the Sugar Cane fields of Mackay in Queensland (Joh for PM ). Been here for the last 8 and a half years. Queensland has won 3 Sheffield Shields in that time (yes I know it is the Pura Cup now, but to me it will always be "The Shield").

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 10:05 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Man Yorick, It's HOT up that way from all reports. I am an immigrant to Western Australia, having lived most of my life in the Sugar Cane fields of Mackay in Queensland (Joh for PM ). Been here for the last 8 and a half years. Queensland has won 3 Sheffield Shields in that time (yes I know it is the Pura Cup now, but to me it will always be "The Shield").

No it's the Pura Milk-cup.

MacKay is very pretty. I've driven through there twice. Love the cane fields.

Up in Newman it was BLOODY HOT!!! Marble Bar is recorded as having a 50%C day. One of the hottest inhabited places on earth apparently. No humidity though, so it's sort of bearable.

Needless to say I love rain, cool air, water, trees and all things lush. I also find high density populations enticing and exciting after living where you needed a twelve hour drive to get to the nearest small city.

------------------