Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 01:28 PM   #1
Helix
Dungeon Master

What are the controlling attributes for stealth and locks/traps?
Can the Rogue use swords?
Can the Rogue use bow/xbow?

thanks!

Helix
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 02:41 PM   #2
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Locks/Traps is Dex/Int, Stealth was Dex/Spd I think.

Rogues can use a few swords, but you're fairly limited. Most of the early game, my rogue used the Diamond Epee that you find in the Jail, but I usually stuck with Thieves Daggers in both hands when I could get them. It's always better if you can use 2 of the same weapon type. Rogues can use Bows and Xbows, I don't remember offhand if they can use the doubleshot and tripleshot xBow... someone can fill that info in?
Old 04-19-2002, 03:08 PM   #3
Lawdog1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I never got around to trying my Rogue with bows. Once I armed him with the 2 thieve's daggers (cursed), he couldn't swap to use a bow anyway. And I liked the damage he did dual wielding the daggers.
Lawdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 09:05 PM   #4
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My rogue uses a sword named Fang, and is considerably more powerful than my fighter. He often takes off over 100 points in a swing (once 150) and in one glorious fight took off 500 hp in a single round.

He also takes off 20-30 points per shot with a hunter's bow and barbed arrows. He gets many instant kills. By far my most effective non-magic character.

thoon
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 10:19 PM   #5
otter
Elminster

you can build stealth up early in the game by putting everyone on defend in front of some enemies that miss you a lot, as long as you can either heal them when they do get hit or break off to go rest somewhere safe. When enemies miss, rogues, monks, and ninjas get stealthier. In about 4 game hours, they get >60. 10 Stealth=1AC.
If you change class, you keep this added AC.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 12:00 PM   #6
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Can your stealth go up more than one point from a single battle? Just thinking about my next party incarnation and doing just that in the monastery.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:02 PM   #7
ice3
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by GenXCub:
Can your stealth go up more than one point from a single battle? Just thinking about my next party incarnation and doing just that in the monastery.
Yes any skill can get up an many points the system consider worth. So you can easily get up several points in one battle.