Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: What's new?

Yeah, I got the Diablo 3 add-on... then I'll grab Elder Scrolls Online after they clear out some bugs and stuff..

I mean, it does have potential right? Are the graphics like the trees and grasslands look nice, like skyrim? What about Autumn looking areas?

Besides LOOKS, I hope it turns out to be awesome... I gave Neverwinter Nights Online a try, but was 'ehh'... Felt 'generic'..Has that had an 'official release date yet? Haven't seen it in stores in a box or anything... just seems like fed-ex quests and collect 3000000 troll ears and I'll give you 3 gold... lol.. ya know?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Have you checked out Elder Scrolls Online at all? I've succumbed and while it lacks WoW's polish and quality of life, I'm enjoying it. The endgame is going to be nonexistent I think and the PvP is zergfest but it's heaps of fun - like AV times 100.
Havent tried that at all yet, kinda silly since i've always been a huge Elder Scrolls adept. Might look into that one of these days. although i'm afraid it will require me getting a new graphicscard.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Yeah, I got the Diablo 3 add-on... then I'll grab Elder Scrolls Online after they clear out some bugs and stuff..

I mean, it does have potential right? Are the graphics like the trees and grasslands look nice, like skyrim? What about Autumn looking areas?

Besides LOOKS, I hope it turns out to be awesome... I gave Neverwinter Nights Online a try, but was 'ehh'... Felt 'generic'..Has that had an 'official release date yet? Haven't seen it in stores in a box or anything... just seems like fed-ex quests and collect 3000000 troll ears and I'll give you 3 gold... lol.. ya know?
Wasn't NWN online free to download?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:16 AM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
Wasn't NWN online free to download?

Yeah, I guess that's it.... but they charge you for tons of things... you want this cool wand? $5.99... but I'd much rather have them sell it like wow, and pay one time, and enjoy the game without worrying if I gotta pay for every little aspect of the game... ya know?

Elder Scrolls Online should be awesome though.. the massive battle scenes I saw were cool... where you hold a fort and defend it..

Old 04-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

But is it at least possible to get good gear without spending cash? I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Thumbs Up Re: What's new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
But is it at least possible to get good gear without spending cash? I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Yeah, I just gave it about 2 hours, so I may be totally wrong about the feel of the game.. I DO love that its the Forgotten Realms setting, and if you read the Neverwinter Series of Drizzt Novels, those locales are in the game I hear.. and the bosses...

I just missed chatting with guildies on the headset mainly.. if I had a group of friends where we could take on dungeons or raids, THEN it would probably be great fun!!

Who would want to join up? Neverwinter Nights Online is FREE. If some can't do it soon, then maybe later on in the Summer or late Spring? I'd be willing to give it another go!

Mario, Cloudy? LadyZekke?? would you want to try it out??

Old 04-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
wellard
Dracolisk

G'day

Glad to see many of you are doing ok.

In the middle of buying and selling houses and also getting checked out in regards to some heart problems. Wife and kids are fine. Strange that my kids have grown into teenagers and very rarely play computer games, maybe they were put off by watching me waste so much time on them?

All the best

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:26 AM   #18
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Actually it is called Neverwinter Online. It is no relationship to NWN. I have been playing Neverwinter Online since it was first released after closed beta. I am also in ESO as Guild Chapter leader for Tyrs Paladium, as this guild is in DDO and Neverwinter Online also. You guys are welcome to join the guild there if you want, we are a mature guild, 25+ but most guildies are anywhere from 30 to 60+ The graphics in ESO are really good. The pic I attached is using medium settings. So you can just imagine them on high or ultra.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen1.jpg (186.3 KB, 3 views)
Victor von Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey good to see everyone, I don;t have a great deal of time to play games anymore which fing sucks but thats how my job goes these days. I may buy an ipad so I can keep up more on the road. I'm still driving a truck and be afraid I may visit your area.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
Hey good to see everyone, I don;t have a great deal of time to play games anymore which fing sucks but thats how my job goes these days. I may buy an ipad so I can keep up more on the road. I'm still driving a truck and be afraid I may visit your area.
There's beer waiting for you in the fridge.