Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-25-2001, 01:44 AM   #11
xavier errishae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx for your reply Tanda, to your question of 'whether you can create your own character', yes you can, but npcs will be a dominate role as well.
i'm thinking of along the idea of there's this world undergoing an industrial revolution, a sort of a metallic age, if you will, therefore, the old gods have either been cast down or destroyed (what do you think?). there is this dead deity who wants to be resurrected (and of course cause mischief and mayhem) and uses a renown organisation as his staging block, you (the main character) and some friends have been sent on an errand to destroy the staging, whereby you destroy it and get sent to a parallel hilarious alternate dimension full of 'funnies'.

this is where the real adventure starts...

what do you think, send in your suggestons. is it original

[This message has been edited by xavier errishae (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 01:48 AM   #12
xavier errishae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey again people, sorry about the late reply, i had a lot of school work... ;-[
i was wondering if you could send in your characters, or maybe deities, organisations and whatnot?

thanks, your help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-25-2001, 02:16 AM   #13
Jake
Banned User

could it be similar to baldurs gate2, Drow?
probobly lots of Npc's like Jan to create items?
the reason i put drow at the top is when you said it was going to be industrial, the drow city was kinda industrial (dark, lots of rooftops, towers and what not) all there needs to be are lights, smoke and allys, then you got a nice industrial city

------------------
Old 07-25-2001, 09:23 AM   #14
TheDutkanator

Make it hard. Long and hard. (No pun intended). I like games that take a long time. I like games that are difficult. And I like games that REALLY make you think. Are you planning on creating this game alone? If so, then why would anyone buy it if it won't be released until after Neverwinter Nights? There's no way you could create an entire game with little to no bugs by yourself in that short amount of time. Especially if your talking about creating as many new things as you say. Do you know how long it takes just to create 1 new city? I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm also not volunteering to help (sorry). I'm just saying that maybe you should consider just making an add-on rather than a whole new game. Find some way to incorporate your ideas into SoA or even ToB. Then, I also suggest letting people download it and play it for free. Send your add-on to Bioware or something along with an application and resume. Who knows. Maybe you'll help design the NeverWinter nights sequel.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 07-25-2001, 12:02 PM   #15
Jake
Banned User

Well put Dutkanator, and cool signature

------------------
Old 07-25-2001, 07:07 PM   #16
xavier errishae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey all, so many questions (keep 'em coming), and so little time, but i will try to answer all of them, in answer to jake's question it will be dark and industrious on one side of the continent and light and sparkling on the other (sort of like the final fintasy VIII balamb garden).

in answer to dutkanator's question/s, i) it's going to be long, 1000 hours and moderately hard, in answer to your second question, i have friends who have agreed to help me.

keep your contributions coming
Old 07-25-2001, 07:10 PM   #17
xavier errishae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey all, i have decided to put up a poll of sorts to moderate my questions of whether a), b) or c) will suffice, here it gos
a) b) c)
12 9 5
Old 07-25-2001, 08:26 PM   #18
xavier errishae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what about this character

Xavier Errishae Moon Elf (Male) Fighter/Assassin/Invoker Levels:15/14/16
Leader of Errishae's Company of Deranged Adventurers

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Intelligence: 19
Constitution: 17
Dexterity: 23
Charisma: 15
Wisdom: 17
Strength: 15

Possessions: Mithril Chain Mail (Defender +4), Scimitar (Destroyer+4 Intelligence: 17, Ego: 15, Alignment: Chaotic Good), Cutlass (Ceh'Naga's Bane+3, Intelligence: 17, Ego: 18, Alignment: Lawful Evil)

[This message has been edited by xavier errishae (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 08:26 PM   #19
xavier errishae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what about this character

Xavier Errishae Moon Elf (Male) Fighter/Assassin/Invoker Levels:15/14/16
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Intelligence: 19
Constitution: 17
Dexterity: 23
Charisma: 15
Wisdom: 17
Strength: 15

Possessions: Mithril Chain Mail (Defender +4), Scimitar (Destroyer+4 Intelligence: 17, Ego: 15, Alignment: Chaotic Good), Cutlass (Ceh'Naga's Bane+3, Intelligence: 17, Ego: 18, Alignment: Lawful Evil)
Old 07-25-2001, 08:30 PM   #20
xavier errishae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey guys, what about this idea?
i'm thinking of along the idea of there's this world undergoing an industrial revolution, a sort of a metallic age, if you will, therefore, the old gods have either been cast down or destroyed (what do you think?). there is this dead deity who wants to be resurrected (and of course cause mischief and mayhem) and uses a renown organisation as his staging block, you (the main character) and some friends have been sent on an errand to destroy the staging, whereby you destroy it and get sent to a parallel hilarious alternate dimension full of 'funnies'.

this is where the real adventure starts...

what do you think, send in your suggestons. is it original