Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I was recently browsing through some online encyclopidia on Middle Earth, when I read a bit about the days of the Last Alliance.

'All living things were divided that day, and some of every kind, even beasts and birds, were found in either host, save the Elves only.'

Does that mean that creatures like Goblins and Orcs fought on the side of the Elves?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:54 PM   #2
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

Hmmm, Im not an expert, but I think what that passage was saying was: The Elves were the only ones who did not take a side... Course, I could easily be wrong. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
the sauceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:59 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

Hmm... I'd say no. I reckon the choice to oppose or join Sauron was only made by the Free Peoples; Elves, Dwarves, Men, Ents. Creatures like Orcs don't have the choice, they are dominated by Sauron and the Shadow.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:26 AM   #4
MagiK

<font color="#f683ad">My [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img] here is that what was being indicated that only the elves of all free thinking races/beings were undivided in their allegiance. Orcs, Goblins and Trolls were not free thinking, they were Elves, trolls and dwarves that Morgoth had twisted and were just corrupt slaves to their evil masters. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
Old 05-16-2003, 11:56 AM   #5
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Hmm... I'd say no. I reckon the choice to oppose or join Sauron was only made by the Free Peoples; Elves, Dwarves, Men, Ents. Creatures like Orcs don't have the choice, they are dominated by Sauron and the Shadow.
thats is right. orcs were created by Sauron, to taunt elves. and trolls were created by the same dude to counter Ents. note that trolls in Middle Earth is slightly different from FR trolls.

PS, I love Warcraft III, Troll Witchdoctor "someone call for de dacter?"
Ken Rauhl is offline   Reply With Quote