Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This happened to me last two time I played (a couple of years ago and a LONG time ago) but I can't remember how I got past it. I'm in Serpent Temple, at the place where you have to go under water to a spot where you can pick up another monkey figurine. Have to fight a slime monster before getting to the dry spot. Problem is, I get there, defeat the monster and cannot go any farther. My characters always drown here because I can't go forward, back, up or down. They appear to be above water, but they drown anyway. Any suggestions?
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A lot of people have been stuck there. Check the Best Tips thread for ideas on how to get through -- they range from wiggling, going backwards, looking up or down, trying different resolutions, trying different characters, and probably a few more things that are escaping me.

Fortunately, all that's on the other side is the book with the answer to the Serpent's questions. The contents of that book are in the Best Tips thread as well.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Seems like half the players of W&W get stuck in this area - at the far side is the snake idol when used in the library along with the monkey figurines gives you the book of which Bungleau spoke - nothing else.

If switching to your smallest character and doing a couple of the wigglings or going backwards and the like don't work - skip it. It really isn't worth all the bother when the answers you will need are in the Best Tips thread!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, wiggling and small character first worked when I tried to move leftwards. Up, down, straight ahead, back didn't, but left did. Thanks!
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh good!!! SOme players have been completely unable to get through this area - I'm not sure we were ever able to pin point exactly why. I never had a problem with this area at all - it's always been a "strange" problem!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
MJG
Dungeon Master

i had this same problem and switchign to a pixy worked....

but i heard of a sollution for people that were never able to fully go through....

i think i read somewhere a while back that ppl who have mastered hex editing can move the location of the person....

i dono if this is true but its interesting
MJG is offline   Reply With Quote