Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2001, 10:40 PM   #1
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, so I'm going through dungeon and find a robe of the good archmage, but I can't wear it. I thought "hmm, that's strange". So I go into my chars characteristics and I am no longer aligned Lawful good(which is what I have been aligned in both BG1 and 2, also what I was aligned in the final save of BG2)I am now Neutral Evil! Now, I'm thinking that maybe because I let Sarevok join, my alignment has changed, but that seems rather silly. Now before I boot up shadowkeeper, I would like to know whether this is supposed to happen(ie maybe the longer the play the more evil you become because of your heritage). Has anyone else encountered this? Another possiblilty is maybe the more times you go back to your plane thing, the more evil you become. i dunnow, is this supposed to happen or not?

Thanks

------------------
so i dub thee UnForGiven...
UnForGiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 10:47 PM   #2
Anubis
Dungeon Master

When you did your tests in Hell in SoA before the final did you approach it the good way or the evil way?

------------------

You shall sit in judgment with Osiris
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 11:21 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SoA Spoiler:
>
>
>
>
>
>
You have probably taken the evil path(s) when you are in Nine Hells during your adventures in BG2-SoA, if you wish to remain good aligned, I suggest you change it back with ShadowKeeper.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 01:42 AM   #4
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My final save was made after I did all the tests. The only test I chose the wrong path in was the one where you either sacrifce a party member or sacrifice stats. Even AFTER the tests I was still good aligned though. Ahwell, waddya do eh? Time to boot up Shadowkeeper .

Thanks

------------------
so i dub thee UnForGiven...
Old 07-10-2001, 03:31 AM   #5
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I tried shadowkeeper and it doesn't work. It SAYS that I'm Lawful good, but in-game I am neutral evil. This must be a bug. Anyone know what else I could possibly do to solve this problem?
Old 07-10-2001, 05:06 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've heard this happen to more than a few people. The only reason your alignment would have changed would be from the choices you made at the end of SoA. If you made the right choices and your alignment has changed, then it's probably a bug. I believe it's being addressed in the patch, which is only a beta at the moment. Go to www.bioware.com to download it.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 12:10 PM   #7
mrxian
Dungeon Master

its not a bug. your alignment doesn't change untill AFTER the final save.
mrxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 02:51 PM   #8
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Dont know if this will work but go on shadowkeeper and go to the 'AFFECTS' section, if you see something indicating alignment changes delete it!
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 12:43 AM   #9
Asynca
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found this bug in my variables. I, too, noticed my character had changed her alignment from Chaotic Good to Neutral Evil at the beginning of ToB. I know for a fact I made all the 'good' choices in Hell, so I went to check my globals. Sure enough, it listed that I'd made a 'bad' choice in the (if I remember rightly) selfish section, even though I'd gone through the doors to lose XP, hitpoints and Dexterity for myself, instead of hurting my party member. This is obviously a bug, but is easy enough to fix manually by changing the value of the botched variable, which will return your alignment to it's proper state.

--------------------------------
I have a... a Heroine addiction.
--------------------------------
Asynca is offline   Reply With Quote