Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #71
Sigmar
Unicorn

Wellard:

Nice to see you again friend. Yeah I'm doing straight law (3 year course), nothing fancy. Reading's quite a nice city, and it's got a decent nightlife so I've got no complaints really.

My friends and I are already making plans about goin to next year's festival, I've heard nothing but good things bout it (well, except the weather but that's a given).

How you doing? Everything going alright?

Johnny:

Johnny, how's it goin bro? Been too long man, I gave the Exodus forums a look, definately an improvement aesthetic-wise over the old lair.

I'm planning on staying in the UK for a few more years so I can get more experience working in a firm and in the industry before I move back to Gibratlar, there's a lotta people gunning for the same jobs there so you need something that'll make you stand out a lil more.

Hope everything's goin well for you.

Ivelliis:

Hey man, I've not really done that much law work yet (what little I've had to do so far, has mainly consisted of reading a lot and answering a few questions) but I can tell you Reading university is a nice place, with a nice campus, cool facilities (massive gym and sport facilities, and the union is incredible) and it's a 20 minute walk/5 min bus ride from the city centre.

I thoroughly reccommend it!

[ 11-21-2006, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:03 PM   #72
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Ok just going through some e-mails. And this is for all the people who has had the joy of getting a passport.

Dear Mr. Minister,

I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe this.

How is it that Radio Shack has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a t.v. cable from them back in 1997, and yet, the Federal Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date. For crying out loud, do you guys do this by hand? My birth date, you have on my social insurance card, on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 years, my health insurance card, my driver's licence, on the last eight bloody passports I've had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the planes over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms that are done at election times.

Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Maryanne, my father's name is Robert and I'd be absolutely astounded if that ever changed between now and when I die! Man!
I apologize, Mr. Minister. I'm really ticked off this morning. Between you an' me, I've had enough! You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my freakin' address. What is going on? You have a gang of Neanderthals workin' there?!

Look at my damn picture. Do I look like Ben Laden? I don't want to dig up Yasser Araft, for crying out loud. I just want to go and park my butt on a sandy beach. And would someone please tell me, why would you care whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days?! If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, I'd sure as hell not want to tell anyone!

Well, I have to go now, 'cause I have to go to the other end of the city and get another bloody copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of $60!

Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day?? Nooooo, that'd be too easy! You'd rather have us running all over the place like chickens with our heads cut off, then find some bozo to confirm that it's really me on the stupid picture - you know , the one where we're not allowed to smile?!

Hey, you know why we can't smile? We're ticked off!

Signed - An Irate Citizen
Old 11-29-2006, 10:57 PM   #73
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mornin' all. *Helps self to some extra-caffeinated coffee*

Just got confirmation of my new job. I had zero luck in trying to get my foot in the door of the mining industry. They ALL want mining experience. It's definintely one of those "who you know" situations and unfortunately, i don't know Jack from that sector. After a month of sitting on my ass, the bills prompted me into action. I'll be moving back to Perth and taking a position at a factory in Fremantle. Good money, 60+ hours a week ( ) and, most importantly, it's making the equipment used on the mines so it counts as the next best thing to site experience.

Unfortunately, i've not got a house organised so i'll be staying at a mate's until then. This means i'll not have a computer, games, internet or *shudder* Ironworks access 'til then. Ta Ta for now fellas and fellarettes. Wish me luck.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:05 AM   #74
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Heading to Hawaii tommorow have a good few weeks all. I will be thinking of you all.

Pics to follow when I get back. Going to attempt some big sand castles.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #75
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*plops down next to the endless M&M bowl*

What a day!

Got up at 5AM yesterday to try to get on an earlier flight home from Toronto... my scheduled flight was 6:30PM, and I knew there were seats on the 7AM flight. Success... but not a lot of [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]

Had lunch with my wife yesterday and decided to take a Toyota Prius for a test drive. I've been thinking about a new car for a while, and the Prius has been on the list.

Ended up buying one yesterday, and in the process of cleaning out my trade-in, found a library book that was lost months ago

BTW, you need a training lesson to drive a Prius. It's different.... true geek heaven. It's even got a built-in trunk-cam so you can see what's behind you when you back up. I could do without the back-up beeping, though.... I'll have to read the manual on that.

Got up this morning, and my daughter offered to make me a pop-tart for breakfast, just like she had eaten. She discovered she could warm them in the microwave... "for thirteen seconds!". I wasn't in the mood for pop-tarts, but I was in the mood to make her day... so I did.

Discovered that pop-tarts without something to drink are really, really dry... and we're out of milk. Put on the stove to heat some water for tea, and did a couple of other things.

Came back to a strange smell and sight -- the stench of burning plastic, and the sight of smoke billowing around the kitchen.

Seems I turned on the wrong burner... the one my son's vinyl lunchbag was on.

It's now history

The house still stinks

My son did *not* take losing his lunchbag well... we'll be picking one up tonight to replace it.

So... from highs to lows in just 24 hours...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #76
Eagle eye
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Had lunch with my wife yesterday and decided to take a Toyota Prius for a test drive. I've been thinking about a new car for a while, and the Prius has been on the list.

Ended up buying one yesterday, and in the process of cleaning out my trade-in, found a library book that was lost months ago

BTW, you need a training lesson to drive a Prius. It's different.... true geek heaven. It's even got a built-in trunk-cam so you can see what's behind you when you back up. I could do without the back-up beeping, though.... I'll have to read the manual on that.
Remember that they're only evironmentally friendly if you know how to drive them that way.. That means lots of double clutching, and no rapid acceleration.

Quote:
Came back to a strange smell and sight -- the stench of burning plastic, and the sight of smoke billowing around the kitchen.

Seems I turned on the wrong burner... the one my son's vinyl lunchbag was on.

It's now history

The house still stinks

My son did *not* take losing his lunchbag well... we'll be picking one up tonight to replace it.
Quite unfortunate..

[ 11-30-2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Eagle eye ]
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #77
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

No clutch... it's automatic. The digital readout that tells you what mileage you're getting at the moment is... eye-opening [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

It'll probably change my driving habits...

I actually sat at lunch today to read the owner's manual... and learned even more things about it.

Geek heaven... really...
-+-+-+
Old 11-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #78
Eagle eye
Elminster

Quote:
No clutch... it's automatic. The digital readout that tells you what mileage you're getting at the moment is... eye-opening [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
Is that a good eye-opening or a not so good one?
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:54 PM   #79
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

When you can see the direct affect that your acceleration has on your gas mileage, it's generally not a good one....

MPG drops to ten or so when accelerating fast... a habit I'll have to break soon.

Discovered one new thing this evening... the auxiliary plug for the MP3 player is apparently a 1/8" input jack. So I can run a cord from there to where I want to sit my ipod, and just have at it. I thought it was a USB connection for some reason... nope [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 AM   #80
wellard
Dracolisk

I wish I could afford one of those Bung! I drove one a couple of months ago, I kept on thinking the engine had stopped! not good seeing as I was taking the airside driving test (have to take one every two years to be allowed to drive near the runways and aircraft)

The greeny inside wants to get rid of my 3.5 litre v6 car but i wanna use my spare cash to buy a new motorcycle instead! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] keep us updated Bungleau.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote