Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Good morning/afternoon or evening to you all! It's a seriously foggy day here in the northeast of the US and I'm alone in my office this morning. Kind of like the setup for some spooky axe murder movie.. LOL But the fog is slowly burning off and I know my co-worker is due in the office in a half hour so I guess we won't be hearing any of that spooky Halloween style music here.

I'm half awake, should have slept another hour or two but unfortunately the job has set hours. Soooooooooo... I hauled myself up and got ready and headed into the fog.

How's life in your neck of the woods today?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Nice spring weather - not too cold, not too warm - but it's smack in the middle of hayfever season and i'm smack in the middle of the wheatbelt district. Not a good combo.

It gets me every year but i don't remember it being as bad as this. I literally can't stop sneezing at work. And i've noticed that after a bout of heavy sneezing, i feel particularly drained energy wise. But i'm probably just feeling lazy...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #5
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

It's a beautiful day in Kentucky...the sun is shining, there's not a cloud in the sky, it's warm, but not hot, and there's a faint breeze...

I think I'll go buy that fedora I need for my Haloween Costume [img]smile.gif[/img]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

This morning it was absolutely freezing in England so I wore about five layers of clothing. But I noticed that the sun was shining and the sky was clear, and thought "I bet it'll be boiling later."

At about 11am it was like somebody turned on the oven. Absolutely SWELTERING, and I kid you not, it must've been about -10 when I'd left the house. So, I had to strip off a few jackets and shirts and carry them around all afternoon, looking like I was doing laundry. Rubbish! I hate Wednesdays.
Brayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Same here, except to me it wasn't cold this morning, but my mum and sister said it was (so they had their thick-coats on). It's just been so hot, and my school had the heating on :S

Damn school.

I go to France in two days! Can't wait!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:41 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Helloo... still marvelling over the awesomeness known as the iPod Nano. I wish I had bigger headphones though... the little earbuds don't exactly keep my ears warm. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
My new uniform for work sucks. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I look like I'm from taco bell. It's green with these little trianglish things on the edge of the shirt. Butt ugly, I'll tell you. I'll see if I can't get a picture of it after.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Sir G you still working through the school year good for you.

Well I have been going to some great shows as of late.

Seen Audio slave play the other night. I have to say Tom Morello is one talented muscian.

Also seen System of a down play. Another great show.

And to top it off I seen Pearl Jam play about a month ago. Seen them play in vancouver last time. The show in Edmonton was the better one.

And at the end of the month I have tickets to Matt Good. And a local band Broken Nose plays the night before Matt Good. Good times Good times. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-05-2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]
Old 10-05-2005, 09:43 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Evening, all. Spent most of the day driving, going to Fort Wayne, Indiana to meet with a customer. Spent the trip there dealing with customers, and the trip back listening to a new educational CD I picked up... *NOT* one of my wisest choices so far Guy who made it recorded interviews he did with others about networking (as in human style, not computer style). For some people, his approach is probably interesting and entertaining.... for me, it was painful. Still, I picked up a couple of things. It's all about the learning... may it never stop.

And the Wings are starting off the restored hockey season with a bang... a 5-1 lead so far, and a fight to liven things up.

Now, to get some email checks, gaming, and rest in here....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote