Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 06:00 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

it is about believes of after life, and this is my opinion:

i am not religious, however, it is really HARD, DIFFICULT, RUTHLESS to believe once you die, you cease to exist. I mean, why you are you? why you have concious knowledge of who you are and that you are not any other man? how in the world that you became what you are right now? I mean, does this only happen once every billions of billion years in the history that you are what you are now? so after you die, this part of you, your conciousness fades away and never exists! how hard it is to imagine that! think about it, how can one describe something does not exist? I mean, that is YOUR CONCIOUSNESS!

people say, live every day like you are going to die tomorrow. this comment is certainly true only when you have an after life. i mean, why does it matter how you have lived if once you die, you cease to exist? that part you would never know what happened and what you did! it is cruel to think of life that way, you know? that is why people have faith, and people with faith tend to live a better life than people without it!

there got to be after life!
Old 05-08-2001, 06:26 PM   #2
Tancred
White Dragon

It's the way of things, 250. Time moves on. I confess to not believing in the existence of the soul, but I do believe in hearts and minds.

Tancred
Old 05-08-2001, 08:21 PM   #3
Moni

IMHO, I think that it is an interesting poll question and that everyone here should go read it and post to it!
There are a lot of perspectives on life amongst the lot of us and I for one would like to see everyone's views on the subject!

Moni

Old 05-08-2001, 11:00 PM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well I for one believe nothing spiritual I am a total science person in that respect. But everyone has their own opinion, so I say each to their own

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-08-2001, 11:08 PM   #5
Aurican
Elminster

This is the most depressing poll I have ever read. Does anybody have faith anymore?

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 05-08-2001, 11:15 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yes, quite a few people do!
I'm not one of 'em!
Look at the poll in the 'user created polls' forum

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 05-08-2001, 11:18 PM   #7
Moni

To each his own...I won't knock anyone for believing what they do, our society is so vast in its beliefs I can understand where one might come to the conclusion that they don't know what to believe in or if they would even want to! I let life teach me...I tried to deny what I believe today but it was proven to me in ways that I could not ignore.

Moni

Old 05-09-2001, 07:28 AM   #8
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

God created so many different kinds of people, why would God allow only one way to serve her/him/it?

And why would God create as wonderful thing as a soul to only allow it to exist for so short a time?

IMHO there is no one true religion. God is God. Life is Life. Light is Light. Love is Love. Each of us must find our own path to God.

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 05-09-2001).]