Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
Hrus
Welcomed New User

After i killed Don Barlone with my Solo Faerie Ninja, I wanted to get a Rod of Sprites. I want straight to Ascension Peak and I was surprised I can relatively easily beat everything there including PeeWee, Furor etc. on Lvl 20. Hmmm. Finally i get myself to Life Temple where the Cliff Sprites are. Save. Couldn't get a Rod of Sprites in 25+ tries. According to Flamestryke the probability of getting a Rod is 4% from single Cliff Sprite and there where three, it gives probability of 1-0.96^75=0.953. I Get several Fey Rings (Probabilty 1%) so I suppose there is a Lvl Requirement for dropping Rod of Sprites (probabaly 26?). Is that so? Or was it just unlucky?
I was able to get Rod from some Crag Sprites later.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:43 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I just got one from some Cliff Sprites i ran into in Mountain Wilderness. I don't have a Faerie in this party, maybe that's why...
They were an extreme outlier vis-a-vis spawning, too, as my Trio were all only L11--yes, it took 3 tries to kill them, even after switching to Novice. And i've tried before, with Faeries in my party, and gave up usually after a dozen or so tries, i think i've had 3 Faeries who got Rods all told.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 AM   #3
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Don't have a faerie in your party. You're bound to get one then (I actually got two one game with no faeries in the party, aagghhh).
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

heh, just to respond---i started a Faerie Alch-to-Ninja and Rawulf Priest duo yesterday, and not only got the Dagger from the Sprites in the Gooda Vine sanctuary on the first try, but then 2 of the Sea Sprites in Trynnton dropped a ring each!!! Then the Cliffies at the AD Temple dropped me another ring. Still no Rod, but i'm liking the Dagger better anyway, for the Stamina regen. (esp to counter the ring--i'm only wearing one o'them; got Nebdar in the other slot)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote