Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 10:11 PM   #1
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

ok, i was fighting kangaxx with my solo sorceror. i cast the protection from magic on him, and commenced to hit him with my staff of rynn. that wasnt working too well though (damn thaco), so i ran outta the room, and rested at the sea's bounty. time for a different approach. i ran in, horrid wilted his butt, then did the protection from magic again. this time on myself. he wasted ALL of his spells on me, and didnt do ANYTHING!!!! ha HA. well, after all of his spells ran out, i ran and rested again. now i walked up and beat him into submission. he changed forms, and i ran outta the room. i cast protection from undead, and right before it went off, kangaxx came in after me! anyway, since he couldnt do anything to me, i beat his head in with my staff, and he died. afterward, i went back into the room with his coffin, and lo-and-behold, there he was AGAIN!!!!! anyway, that freaked me out, but since i had the protection from undead on me, he did nothing but die. so i ended up with two, yes count them TWO, rings of GAXX!!!!! talk about a cool (and very lucky)bug!!! so i reloaded, did it again, and this time, it didnt happen. lucky i made a seperate save!! so now i have two rings of gaxx, staff of the magi, amulet of power, and robe of vecna, with my gauntlets of ac3. so i have a -8 ac as a sorceror now!!! damn, if he had more hp's and better thaco, he would be a tank. lol. should i drop one of the rings, and opt for the rop2? or should i count my blessings, and keep the extra ring that i EARNED?!!!!
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-26-2001, 10:19 PM   #2
chinese noodle
Manshoon

u lucky s.o.b, man i wish i had THAT bug

by the way.....KEEP THE RINGS
Old 11-26-2001, 10:36 PM   #3
Debaser

why you would ever want to ditch a second Ring of Gaxx that you rightfully earned is beyond me. a) there's no ring worthy of switching it with and b) like you said, no cheating involved! enjoy your newfound and immense power as a sorcerer with a fighter's AC.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:48 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

WOOHOO!!!!!!! a kickass sorceror i am then. thanx for the input and the answers to my question of morality. i am now so happy, i could squirt!!!! thanx all, and now to unleash hell, wreak havoc, and so and and so such.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-27-2001, 12:09 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Just to let you know, this works for most fights that involves rooms. Enter a room, make a ruckus and get their attention. Proceed to retreat out of that area( must have the loading screen), then wait for them to come out and cream them. Go back inside and repeat the process.

With luck, you can get about 3-4 Ring of Gaxx this way until Kangaxx gets too near the exit to clone again.

Tradesmeet, Bridge District Tanner Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Doing the mantle quest, I ran in and out of the Tomb with my solo Assassin to lure the Skeletons out. By the time I was done, I had 6 mantles... ...

I also killed 4 Bone Golems, 10 Ghasts and 3 damn Rune Assassins for the Tanner quest( normally only 1, 2, 2), because I kept going upstairs/downstairs. I got a lot of Xp though.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:53 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Just to let you know, this works for most fights that involves rooms. Enter a room, make a ruckus and get their attention. Proceed to retreat out of that area( must have the loading screen), then wait for them to come out and cream them. Go back inside and repeat the process.

With luck, you can get about 3-4 Ring of Gaxx this way until Kangaxx gets too near the exit to clone again.

SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
i found this one accidentally in the seeing eye quest with the undead, i ended up with about 5 of the mag leather armor, can't recall which one it was, as i sold it almost imediatly{sp}) before i got bored and whacked them from inside their room.