Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

1. NUMBER 1 REASON: NEWS. Whether we flamed each other or not, this forum became for me the most reliable source of news. It showed differing opinions, we kept each other honest, and it warehoused varied information about the war better than anywhere else I have found online. I will be truly sad to see it go for this one reason. And I will be hard-pressed to find good news stories now - becaus I will have to visit 6-12 news websites all on my own.

2. Watching MagiK post questions and then fight about what he was asking. [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img] This isn't targeted at you MagiK, and I was more oft on your side than not, but you *did* spend a lot of time fighting over what your posts mean.

3. I will nostalgicly remember the WEEKLY CIRCULAR DISCUSSIONS WONDER AWARD, and think I may export the idea to Gen. Discs. - in another form of course.

4. The goodwill thread.

5. Watching some of the harshest uses of ChocDown V4.0.

Anyway, thanks all for all the opinions everyone, thanks for the thread, Z, and thanks for being here, War Forum. Oh, and my humbles genuflections and homages, Choc.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:03 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Totally agree with Number 1. of your post Timber, that will be my main miss as well.

Thanks for the forum Ziroc, sorry for all my subtitles.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Totally agree with Number 1. of your post Timber, that will be my main miss as well.

Thanks for the forum Ziroc, sorry for all my subtitles.
Title away! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am working on reforming some of the Forums here. You might be pleasently surprised with the new added Forums. They will begin popping up in a few weeks. --Still working on the T-Shirt thingy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I did correct that subTITLE typo a few Months ago [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 02:27 PM   #4
MagiK

Well gee TL, I'll miss you too [img]smile.gif[/img] I am with you in that this circular discussion forum was a good source of news. I must also accept fully 50% of the blame for some of my arguments about what I asked [img]smile.gif[/img] (after all it takes two to have an argument [img]smile.gif[/img] ) hrrrmmm well unless you are schitzo....

I also have to say I learned a bit here as well.

[ 04-30-2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 04-30-2003, 02:31 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

What's a schizo? *He means a dual or split personality.* I knew that. *Well, why'd I ask then?* Shut up. *Make me.* What?? *You heard you.* What twattle, I'll first point out that... *There you go again, you long-winded egghead. Put up your frikkin fists.* [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img]

Who is Tyler Durden, anyway? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 04-30-2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 04-30-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Hey I got a question, is this going to open back up when the next campaign in Syria, or North Korea or where ever ts might be?

I am sure there is going to be at least one more military campaign..
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 04:38 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Hey I got a question, is this going to open back up when the next campaign in Syria, or North Korea or where ever ts might be?

Don't be a smart ass.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:04 PM   #8
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:

Don't be a smart ass. [/QUOTE] Smart ass?

I wasnt trying to be a smart ass, the forum closed after we got down in Afghanistan and reopened when the Iraqi campaign began. I was wondering if it was going to do a repete or stay closed.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:38 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I will really miss this forum, too. It really was the best source of news for me. I didn't even bother watching tv or reading the newspaper, I knew all the great members that visited this forum would have all the important news. [img]smile.gif[/img]

CNN? Forget them! Ironworks forever!

I really think you guys were great. We got almost no flames, considering the subject of the forum. This is great.

I'm hoping one of the new Forum Ziroc is talking about will be a news or debate forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 07:59 PM   #10
Animal
Gold Dragon

I think I'll miss this one too. Throughout all our bickering and occasional nastiness, I found this forum an excellent source for different viewpoints and opinions on the Iraqi issue.

Yes, I will miss it, but I hope that another "War with ?????" forum will not be needed.