Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2001, 11:33 PM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hmm... here is one thing:

To some people, the name Joelle is very popular here because of me. And because that she is my prom date, and I am in love with her and gone to a load of shits before.. but the hitch, is that I want to confront her with something...

THIS IS CHEESY, and I don't care, sue me

Everything's over now, I mean she may even have a BF already, but I want to ask how much I meant to her at least before... and maybe my soul will really, really rest. I am quite sure I am happy with myself right now and asking and losing her will not overwhelm me... in fact I already did lose her.. anyway so the question is shall I ask or not?

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-18-2001, 11:47 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

alam mo ba pare, para sa akin, wag mo na gawin yan. hindi yan worth it kasi sa tingin ko, babalik lang yung feelings mo sa kanya. (switch to english). if those kinds of feelings come back, then you would be screwed again, go back to depression and might do some crazy things. if its over, then its OVER. dont know if she dumped you or not but your already broken up dont bother getting those broken hearted pieces rather you make a new one.

BUT if you feel that the things between you two is not yet finish then i cant stop you from asking, because you may be asking those question for the rest of your life... go ahead and confront

BUT you stated but I want to ask how much I meant to her at least before... and maybe my soul will really, really rest , if i were you dont ask anymore...

thats my 2 cents

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 08-19-2001, 12:44 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Bahamut my friend, this is a dangerous question to ask. She could answer you in a way that will crush your heart. She could also say that you meant alot to her. She could say that you meant alot to her then but you mean nothing to her now.

Im sure that if your heart truly needs to know you will ask her regardless of what anyone else says. But be prepared for the worst. Anything else will be an improvement, Correct??? Ex-girlfriends can be spiteful creatures and if she is angry at you she could try to take a cheap shot at your heart kowing that you are vulnerable.

However, if you are on amicable terms she couls well say she loves you madly but it is destiny that you spend your lives with others.

Good luck bud.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2001, 01:07 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Bahamut, treat it as if you were a lawyer in a court case:

Never ask a question that either you A) don't already know the answer to or B) do not want to know a particular answer to.

If there's a potential answer that would crush you...DON'T ASK.

That simple. You're better off not knowing.

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 03:07 AM   #5
TheDutkanator

I was in a similar situation. I had found the love of my life. Kari. We were ingaged for 9 months. Suddenly, it all changed. Things got bad. There was cheating (both of us) and other things said and done. I truly TRULY loved this woman (I was not in a state of mind for good decision making when I cheated). I would have killed for her. Even if it meant killing myself. Finally, when it was all over, I wanted to know what went wrong, how she felt about me, and how she feels "now". I wanted to ask, but never got around to it. Now, I'm married (not to her) and VERY happy. It's been a few years and I now see that even if NOTHING bad would've happened between Kari and I, we still would've broken up eventually. So you see, destiny works in strange, often painful, ways. I would've sworn up and down that Kari was the one for me. But I never knew there was a Ruth out there that was even better.

I LOVE YOU RUTH!!!

P.S. Just last month I came into contact with Kari. We are hanging out now (Ruth included). We are like best friends. The relationship in the past has stayed there. In the past.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 08-19-2001, 09:11 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Err... lawyers, lawyers... I am not engaged with her, never was I, I loved her she said she loved me before.. nothing else. Moving on, I was thinking about it... maybe it will crush me, maybe it won't. I am very happy now, but I have this uncertainty. If she said that I worth nada to her, all I can say is that my theories are correct and thank God. BUT if she said something like she waited for me to move or I meant the world to her but it seemed I wasn't interested anymore, I would just smile and say, "Idiot" Either way, I dunno... I can very unpredictable, and I think she is gonna lie about it anyway... Although Carpie Diem (spelling right?)

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-19-2001, 09:37 AM   #7
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Oooh, itīs hard. My advice for you is: do what you feel, but prepare for feeling very, very bad afterwards. Then you wonīt be disappointed at least. I know what itīs like, and it nearly crushed me. That was over 3 years ago. I learned to deal with the situation and found a new love Iīm very happy with but I still cannot forget. Those wounds never seem to heal, although if I hadnīt started a try, I would probably have gone crazy. No woman no cry...Good luck

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is back!
Old 08-19-2001, 09:47 AM   #8
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Just bear in mind you'll only ever be here once. You'll never get another chance to ask or do this, but be well aware of how much it could hurt.

I don't envy you having to make the choice.

Good Luck.

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 09:48 AM   #9
Hesperex

Bahumet my friend if you really need to ask this question then obviosuly she ment a lot! to you ...because it wouldn't matter how she felt otherwise. So if you really are hellbent on asking her then I should leave it a bit .....try a let a situation arise where you can ask her ...i.e. manipulate the situation if you have to but I wouldn't just go asking her that.
However if I were in your position I think I would just let time tell. (but I am not in your possition so I suppose you could say "How can I possibly make these judgments?" well hell you would probably be right to think that but you requested help so I am trying my hardest to give it without causing WW3.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 08-19-2001, 10:15 AM   #10
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Bahamut, I know you are in pain, but in my honest opinion, I would let it rest. She may not give you the answer you want.

------------------