Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2001, 08:03 AM   #11
Ziroc

I am back now.. Oh god I feel ill (Sick to my stomach) worrying I guess. She has a tube running into her stomach to drain the blood (It stopped mostly when we had to leave) and she will have a camera or something go into her and look for the problem. Most think it's an Ulser. I hope it's not that bad, they said it can be 'fixed' pretty easily, but she lost a lot of blood, and is weak. so they are giving her blood/plasma and waiting till she has more to work.

When I was with her in the ER, she was awake, and talking and kinda laughing.. She seemed ok, all except the tube with some blood (Which scares me--but it stopped mostly)

I haven't slept yet. I am going to TRY (doubtful) now, I have too, I am going back this afternoon when they said it's ok to.

I am telling you, guys... seeing my mom on the floor vomiting blood really (and I mean this) scared me, more than anything in my life. I feel like I'm going to just lose it, but I'm trying to be calm, and be strong for her.

Thank you for the prayers, keep them coming till she is out of the woods and better.. God I am scared.

Dan

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 07-23-2001).]

Old 07-23-2001, 09:00 AM   #12
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Heart and thoughts are with you and your family, Dan. An ulcer is not so bad - it is scary when it bursts like that, but it can be fixed.
Man, you must have been scared out of your mind! I hope you manage to sleep.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

------------------

Old 07-23-2001, 09:11 AM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Z, I have been where you are now, seeing my Mom on the floor, almost unconsious, throwing up everything until I thought she would stop breathing. She is on all sorts of medications for various things, and she had misread some labels one day, mixing two drugs that had near fatal effects on her (and it did not help that one of the tablets she took had been expired for more than a year).
My sister and I ran her to the hospital, and when I checked my mom in, my sister began complaining about being sick. I had a nurse check her out, and discovered she was running a temprature of 104`! So, there I sat, all night...with both my mom and sister in the emergency room. What a night of hell! Of course, things have not got better.
My sister has since been diagnosed with a stomach disease that only older women usually get. It produces too much acid, and therefore, causes ulcers. She tells me that there is no cure for this particular thing, but that if she takes her medication regularly, it keeps the acid level down. My mom is falling apart, having some sort of muscle disease, deteriating cartilige in her neck and spinal cord, a cancerous lump in her throat, and other things that the doctors have not been able to explain yet. This has been going on for about three years. I am not expecting very much good to come from her health. Yet the time that has passed seems to have dulled my senses, or maybe I am aware of the fagility of life, and the hope of a better place, soon to come.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Trials of the Luremaster downloadable expansion set
Old 07-23-2001, 09:23 AM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, you do get used to things - my mom had cancer for years before it killed her, and both she and the family sort of accepted it - though I managed to convince myself she didn't have it at all...
Larry - sorry to be nosey - but what is the disease your sister has?
I had a highly acid stomach myself for many years - lucky not to get ulcers - but eventually it was diagnosed as being caused by a non-viral infection that causes high acidity. I had a course of triple antibiotic to kill it off and have had no problem from it since.
I still get acid stomach from time to time, but that is caused by eating the wrong things!

------------------

Old 07-23-2001, 09:24 AM   #15
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I knew it wasn't that serious... I mean, with the technologies today... wow, you will just be amazed. I never thought Ulcer could be cured... or it takes so long, you' d probably be dead when you do... bah! what am I saying... Let us keep on praying, as to everything just settled down... nothing confirmed, and she still needs us..

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-23-2001, 11:16 AM   #16
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I'll pray for her Ziroc! Trust what the doctors say they know what they're doing. Have a little faith and she'll pull through it. Everything will be alright.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-23-2001, 11:23 AM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

My prayers and best wishes go out to you.
Old 07-23-2001, 11:28 AM   #18
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Ziroc love - I am so sorry you had to go through this. It is terrifying to see, even if the person is already in ER.But let me reassure you of a couple of things

* A little bit of blood goes a long way. When you spill half of pint of blood on the floor it looks like a bucketful. It almost certainly looked worse than it was.

* There are several differnt reasons why someone can vomit blood. The most common of these - ulcers, tears and large veins in the oesophagus or gullet - are TREATABLE! Though this used to be hte death scene in lots of movies and books this is not true any more.

Ziroc - my heart goes out to you. I wish you and your mother the best of luck ,and may the gods be with you both.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
THE ABYSS - FREE FORM ROLEPLAYING
http://pub76.ezboard.com/btheabyss40673
Old 07-23-2001, 11:47 AM   #19
Charean
Hathor

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how scared you are. Like you, I lost my Dad when I was 20. I watched him with cancer. My mom is in decent health, but had a couple heart attack scares in the last few months. She really is okay - but had some things masquerading as symptoms... turned out to be nothing that wasn't easily fixed.

Chin up... Things will be okay. Take heart.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 07-23-2001, 11:58 AM   #20
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

we're here for you Z.

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters