Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2001, 04:44 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Goooood Topic!
Now we finally are getting somwhere..
Unfortunately Iīm a grandmaster at not picking up girls. I have to get to kno them or rather they have to get to know me to like me, I usually end up a good friend to them (no fault in that except sometimes you wonder where the heck you heart ran off) or I end up as a close bud to the bartender..
Pickup lines are useless if you canīt say the naturally and some (assholes) can say just about anything and girls go "oh ah" and then there is screaming and running..
Well as far as being yourself. That only works if you are someone..

Well other than that i donīt know, and I donīt know how I ended up with a gf some couple of years ago and I canīt seem to understand how we manage to be together for five years, I can understand that she ditched me later though and ended up with an English dude.. Yeah, if your from England, come to Gothenburg and all the lovely blondes you ever want will be yours..

Anyone here of the females interested this way in Swedish gentle and nice guys?

Heh..
Old 02-07-2001, 05:05 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

IR,

Pickup lines not to use (so I've heard )

1. U know why it's dark outside? Because all the stars are in your eyes.
2. (Only Aussies will probably understand this) You remind me of Queensland, beautiful one day, perfect the next!
3. You're so sweet, you're giving me a toothache!
4. Are you an angel? I saw you and thought I'd gone to heaven!
5. You should be tired, I've been chasing you around in my mind all night!

I could think up millions more but I won't.

What I used on my girlfriend? "The fact that you're incredibly beautiful is the least of the many things that make me want to get to know you better!"Believe me I did mean it at the time which is probably why it worked. The fact that we were both really drunk at a nightclub doesn't really matter, does it?
Old 02-07-2001, 05:54 AM   #13
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Well the one that works for me is "you are the most beutiful woman in the world...Fancy a f*ck?" Oh that one always works for me.
Old 02-07-2001, 06:34 AM   #14
Moiraine
Anubis

NotAtAllIdiotRogue (when, oh when will you change that idiot pseudo of yours ? ),

from my own experience as a woman, EVERY man you date (and even male friends sometimes) happens from time to time to say something intended as a compliment ... but which is, well ...

I remember my dear dear hubbie telling me long ago that he was happy I was not the most beautiful woman in the world, otherwise he would have felt much less comfortable with me ... See what I mean ?

Believe me, what you say is not THAT important. Remember to say something nice from time to time. Don't push the compliment too far. And make her laugh. I may be a strange woman myself, but I never had been attracted to 'the most beautiful man in the world', but always to men who had something special, were witty and had a twinkle in their eyes.
Old 02-07-2001, 07:21 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moiraine: I like your style. Uh, did hubby sleep on the sofa for awhile after that not-well-thought-out remark?!

Drake: Uh, when you say that works for you, you mean to clear out the room, right?

Accord: You keep impressing me, like this, I'm gonna leave BK. (wink, giggle)

Memnoch: LOL! And if she's still with you, then I guess the inebriated state and locale didn't effect the response much- you did let her sober up, right?!
Old 02-07-2001, 07:25 AM   #16
Kwakkie

Do not use the following on a date:

- I had better times laying face first in gutter water, bleeding from every orifice.
- Jump on my sword while you can evil, I won't be as gentle.
- Aye, and later I'll split your gut open.
- Make way villainy, hero coming through.

Old 02-07-2001, 07:43 AM   #17
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well if someone would use those lines on me (MAKE WAY VILLAINY, HERO COMING THROUGH) I'd be pretty impressed...but then again, I love BG
As a woman I should know what advice to give you guys right? Oooooookaaaay let me see...
I think the question is not so much what pick up lines u use, but which ones you don't use! So don't be corny and don't say them like you're reading them out from a note or something. Oh btw IdiotRogue, I'm sorry your girlfriend split up with you... good luck in the Great Hunt!
I do have one pick up line which would work any time on me but it's pretty intranslatable so Rikard...know this one?

Ik heb niet echt een goede openingszin maareh jij hebt de opening en ik heb de zin dus....
Old 02-07-2001, 07:43 AM   #18
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

ROFL!!! What a funny funny topic!!

One thought comes to mind tho, Id - you describe yourself as "an overweight, out of shape, middle aged.." man. My suggestion is to look for a woman kind of like you. Middle aged, perhaps a but pudgy. You will have much more luck with HER than with a woman who is 26 and looks like a playboy bunny.

Oh, and all the advice on what NOT to say --- follow it!

Good luck.
Old 02-07-2001, 07:44 AM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

"My goodness, you're absolutely stunning.... can I buy you a drink?"
Old 02-07-2001, 07:44 AM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

IR I actually remembered I DO have some good advice:
Find someone on the internet!
My boyfriends sister is kind of shy and never had a boyfriend, but now she's already had three different dates found on the Net...go for it!