Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #1
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Anyone Played the New Thief Game i was thinking about buying it but i wanted some opinions first.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I think Blind_Prophet's talking about Thief 3, a.k.a. Thief: Deadly Shadows, which came out last June for PC.

I'm a huge fan -- the graphics are just drop-dead gorgeous, and the AI has gotten so good it's freakish.

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/thief3/danspreview.asp

Check out Digital Nightfall's review above, it covers just about everything. Of note is the weird 1st person movement (a la Arx Fatalis, which I also love).

I say get it! I've never quite gotten over the novelty of the first Thief game, but I think (objectively) they've gotten better with each addition to the family.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It's good. I got stuck in a random building, so I didn't finish the story, which I regret as it IS EXCELLENT. One of the better games this year, I highly recommend it.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:13 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Blind Prophet, did you ever play Thief 1: The Dark Project and Thief 2: The Metal Age? If not I HIGHLY recommend getting them first because there is an excellent plot throughout beginning in T1. In my opinion the Thief series is the best gaming I have ever experienced.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:38 PM   #5
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Alright you guys convinced me