Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 03-14-2007, 09:34 AM   #91
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

"Monsters? What kind of monsters? You mean wolves and the like? And I wouldn't mind buying some of your apple preserves, say a pound maybe... how much you're selling them for?"
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #92
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

NPC James the Farmer talking to Xaver:

James turns back to his wife and then back to you.

"Reckon she's sellin'em fer five a jar...an' they'zabout half a pound per jar..."

He turns again to the hidden woman behind the door.

"Go git'em two jars, woman."

While she's scuffling off to fetch those two jars, James continues.

"Can't say I know nuttin' much 'bout it, really. Ain't never seen it or nuttin'. Bill said he found footprints big as day though. He figures it's some kinda giant monster. Strong too. Carryin' off two cows at a time, they say. I hear'em Locke boys hired a man to go and kill it...but he ain't never come back! Figurin' he got eat too."

About then, James turns around and reaches out for something, then turns again to you with outstreached hands, each holding a jar of apples that are preserved within.

"Here ye go. They the finest 'round 'ere. Don't let Sally up that way hear ye sayin' it though...she'll have a fit. I reckon that'll be ten, then."

[ 03-14-2007, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #93
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

I reckon I might just as well go back and wait for Pandaros. I doubt I could learn anything else useful here. Those farmers won't know anything that Pandaros can't find out from the tracks, assuming the scout is as good as he claims he is.

Xaver took out some coins from his pocket, and (he assumed that by 'ten' the farmer meant 10 coppers) gave the exact amount to the farmer, taking the two jars from him.

"Thank you and have a nice day..." he said, then turned around and, made his way towards the spot where he and Pandaros parted way earlier that day.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #94
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

GM to Vincent:

You went to the temple hoping to find several things, one of which was a feeling of peace that you were not to blame for Silt's passing and that his spirit held no contempt for you in what had happened that day.

The other task you needed the clergy for was to inquire about the hidden secrets within these two swords that had belonged to Silt, but that you had grabbed up as needful items to help you and your team get through the buried castle in the swamps of Lesismoore. For this job, you had to pay 200gp for each identification.

The identification began with the short sword. The identification was not needed for you to know that it had a keen edge on it, and was finely crafted. But you suspected that Silt had kept a secret about this sword and you were right. The priest...a man who does not get to see many fascinating things in this town, was estactic to enlighten you on your newfound short sword.

"This is a common sword that belonged to somebody who saw fit to not only create a keen edge, but also a reason to bestow magic upon it. When you speak the word "Illumino", the sword can hit a target once per day with Faerie Fire if you actually make contact with that target using the sword."

He then looked at the next sword, said his prayers over it and jumped back when he did so, dropping the sword to the floor. He seemed frightened.

"This is amazing! Not only does your sword have an important history that comes with its creation including the bestowal of magic properties...it also contains the actual spirit of your fallen comrade, Silt. That spirit is very much alive, and is greatful to be near you. There is a command word on the sword that releases the spell of magical Acid (2d6) once per day that will cover the sword for a limited time until you have successfully hit the target or the spell fades. The command word is "Quhallava". This spirit wishes to remain with the sword because it is a family heirloom, a gift from his father. This spirit has a fighter's love for battle and hopes that you will use him in many to come. He has been trying to contact you ever since his death, but you have not learned to listen. He says that there is one more secret about this sword, but he will not allow me to learn it, and wishes to tell you himself someday. This is all I can do for you now."

The priest apologizes for dropping the sword, and hands it back to you. He then turns and leaves you alone to ponder your new knowledge.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #95
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout took a moment to scan in each direction. He picked the largest farmhouse and set out in a direction that would bring him nearer to it while remaining visible to the road he and Xaver had taken earlier that day. While on the move he placed his readied arrow in the quiver resting against his hip.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #96
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder

Thanking the priest and paying the fee's, Vincent walked away scratching his chin as he pondered the fact that he was carrying Silt's spirit with him. He thought about how in the seven heavens he would be able to speak with him. Mother would know how, maybe Lady Tao might be able to help guide me. I'll have to ask once I regroup with them, maybe find some nice firm rowan or black oak afterwards as well. Resting a hand on the hilt, he attempted to commune with the spirit as he made his way to the Inn.
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #97
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima

Ana arrived at the Inn only a few minutes after Vincent had. She supposed that he had went to the room that he and Yevaud were sharing. It had been a long morning of shopping and she assumed that Yevaud had been resting in his room this whole time, and he needed it.

She went back to her room where Tao was waiting and presented her with the items she'd bought for her. With luck, that magic of her's that would sow clothing would work fast enough for them to leave soon so they could get into the forest.

"Just let me know when you are ready, Lady Tao and we'll go get the boys to come with us. While we're waiting on the clothes to be made, I think I'll find a spot to pray in."

Anarrima went to a corner of the room and knelt down to pray to her Goddess to thank her for the blessings they had so far received this day.

OOC>>>I think I am just as eager to get into that forest as Anarrima and Tao are!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #98
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

As Xaver was making his way towards the meeting point he spotted Pandaros walking slowly among the farms. "Hello. Over here." He shouted and waved than ran towards the scout.

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid my investigations here have brought us nothing new. "They'za monster in 'em woods. Stealin' cows. Ye best bet'id be goin' on out there and lookin..."" he mimicked the tone and voice of the farmers. "But I did get something useful. Here." He took out the two jars and showed them to Pandaros. "Two jars of apple preserve. "They the finest 'round 'ere... keep real good on the road..." Well. I hope your own search in the forest has been more "fruitful"(*) than mine here."

(*) hehe, just a dwarfish joke, you know.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #99
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Gillian

Gillian half bowed in mock formality at the smith’s welcome then smiled. ”Why thank you. It’s good that nobody was hurt in the fire and that the damage was limited. We live in constant fear of fire in the city because of the danger of it spreading but I guess you’re less tightly packed in Lockesville.” He nodded at Vindon’s assessment of his ‘master’s’ requirements. ”The temple you say? I shall go and see what they have. Thank you again for you welcome and advice. Maybe I will see you around the town if we stay a while.”

Gillian left the smithy and walked over to the temple. Seeing the half-elven warrior engaged with the clergy there, and not wishing the man to think he was following him, Gillian left and waited outside until he saw him leave. After a moment or two he entered again and introduced himself to one of the attendants who asked him what he wanted. Gillian explained that he was checking the availability of magical components and paraphernalia in case his master the mage or himself - ”Although I am a mere student of magic” - needed anything during their stay.
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #100
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout cracked a smile at the joke. "Well I'm glad you found something good. I've always been a fan of apple preserves. As far as my investigation, it seems that we have a big problem."

Pandaros raised his bow and used it to point back towards the woods. "I found the woodcutter's house the Lockes had mentioned. At least, I found what was left of it. There were large tracks leading from the destruction into the woods. Most likely left behind by some kind of giant. I figured we should team up before I continued, I doubt that my bow alone will be enough to deal with something of that size. If you're ready, we can head there now. And if you have any tips on fighting giants, they would be appreciated."

At Xaver's agreement, Pandaros would lead the duo into the woods, headed for the trail and the woodcutter's house.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote