Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2001, 03:21 PM   #1
Arkain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If one of your characters become a Zenmaster or a Valk, to me Assassin doesn't count because I change my rogue to one...

... do they lose, or get spell penalties?

For example I have a 14th level female samari at level 7 sun magic, if I make her a Valk will she only be able to cast level 3 spells from Sun?

I have a level 8/14 priest/Warlock which I would love to make a Zen Master, she has nearly all level 7 spell areas , will doing this cause her to lose all those spells?

If they do... I might not go with those last two elite classes, though my original plan was to do that. I think they should allow the elite classes be accessable a little earlier in the game

Thanks
Arkain
Arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 03:30 PM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

Normally you cannot cast spells which are on a higher level than you've advanced your character to. Luckily, this isn't too much of a bother when you get the option to turn your characters into a Zenmaster or a Valkyrie. Those classes won't become available until very late into the game, and at that point you'll encounter very powerful enemies which will give you lots of XP. So it won't be long until you've reached level 7 in your new classes and will again be able to learn and cast new spell!

Jaz
Old 01-06-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Actually, I haven't run into any issues with spell-casting as it relates to the character's level. They can't learn anything from a higher level, but if they've learned it, they can cast it. If I were a purist, I'd say they should probably be restricted from casting higher level spells.

Seems to me the D&D penalty for using skills from a previous class was forfeiting the XP gained for it, but it's been a long time since I've gamed on paper...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 10:07 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can cast any spells that you already know.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote