Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 11-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: What platform are you guys getting this on?

Apparently, the graphics and performance are actually better on the PC. With the console versions looking more "washed out" and texturized to improve performance. They also say there are more hitches in the console version. This is all according to the video review by IGN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-qS...eature=popular

Also if you have a PS3 and XBOX, the one that looks better is supposed to be the PS3 as the XBOX graphics are dummed down more for performance. I do not know if the PS3 has performance problems as a result of this higher quality, however.

I'd say if you have a PC that can run Dragon Age, go with it for now. If you don't, then go with consoles. Like I said, I can't believe how fluidly it runs on the PC. Not one hitch, stall or jump with everything on high (The graphics settings are quite basic tho, with AA, graphic detail and texture settings only).
Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #12
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Im thinking 360. When i watched the trailer on Bing Videos it was totally awesome and i MUST HAVE IT!!

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

PC for mods!!!!! (But if I had the extra $$, I'd get both )

Toolset was supposed to come out on release day btw, but has been delayed due to 'last minute issues'.. Should be out soon!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 AM   #14
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

unfortunaly my pc can't handle it, so I have to go with xbox. Someday I'll upgrade my pc and buy that version for the mods. Anyone try it for xbox yet?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #15
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
PC for mods!!!!! (But if I had the extra $$, I'd get both )

Toolset was supposed to come out on release day btw, but has been delayed due to 'last minute issues'.. Should be out soon!
Toolset was available as of last friday.

http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopi...4168&forum=135

I got DA:O for the PC.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #16
Chewbacca
Zartan

PS3 version looks great and plays smooth so far after 1 hour of play. Graphics quality comparable to Oblivion or Fallout. Took the game a little while to install, maybe 20 minutes. At launch, I as prompted to log-in for DLC, but I'm not sure where it wanted me to login, Bioware, EA, or Playstation Network. So I skipped that step for now.

Using the PS controller is okay, controls are fairly easy and forgiving. I like rotating the analog stick to move between radial menu choices.

Pleased to be playing for sure!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #17
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
PS3 version looks great and plays smooth so far after 1 hour of play. Graphics quality comparable to Oblivion or Fallout. Took the game a little while to install, maybe 20 minutes. At launch, I as prompted to log-in for DLC, but I'm not sure where it wanted me to login, Bioware, EA, or Playstation Network. So I skipped that step for now.

Using the PS controller is okay, controls are fairly easy and forgiving. I like rotating the analog stick to move between radial menu choices.

Pleased to be playing for sure!!!
This should help with the DLC for the Playstation:

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u...PS3_redeem.pdf

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Anyone playing on BOTH PC and PS3? (come on we must have some hardcores here.) If so, which one is more enjoyable?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:21 AM   #19
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well they're the same game. A saw a review saying the PS3 version has some performance issues but then again so can your PC if it's a little old.

All that's different is how you control the game. Controller or keyboard? The console versions don't have the top down view but the game is so pretty up close I never use the top down view anyway.

So it all come down to mods. The PC version will have user made content and the PS3 version won't. Is it important to you?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #20
Chewbacca
Zartan

I have had zero performance issues using a recently refurbished launch model 60 gb PS3. No lag or framerate issues.

My opinion of the graphics quality has dimished a bit once I got outdoors. Not as good as Fallout.

I also upped the difficulty from normal to hard after finding the combat very easy. This is a key difference between the PC and console version it seems. PC game is more challenging, this is mentioned in various reviews I have read.

Hard difficulty is a better challenge, with my party's health bars actually going down and even had everyone killed in a battle. So the difficulty issue is an easy fix.