Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2002, 11:47 AM   #1
spectre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I made it out of the dungeon smack in the middle of the night. Does anyone know of a way to advance time in this game, or at least tell what game time it is, other than the bells? A rest feature would be nice.
spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 12:15 PM   #2
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have heard the bells but didn't associate them with anything. I wouldn't mind a little insight on this
Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 02:01 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

There is no clock and no way to fast forward in this game.

I know many (MANY) players really wish there were but I actually prefer it this way. I've never liked "resting" in a game!

I've heard the bells - I presumed they were striking midnight. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 09:29 PM   #4
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

I LIKE adventuring at night and in the dark. It's spookier and more challenging in different ways than the usual "monster-stonger-than-me" scenario.

The bells chime at sunup and sundown in my experience.

+Dr.Pick
Old 02-04-2002, 10:06 PM   #5
spectre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not sure where the clocks are located in each area (Valeia and Shurugeon I think) but they chime on the hour. Sunrise is between 5 and 6. The time seems to go MUCH faster if you're moving. It's almost as bad as waiting real-time when you're sitting still.
spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 10:49 PM   #6
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Spectre is correct. They chime on the hour. I paid closer attention when taking my new party through the forest, and the bells can be heard now and again, day and night. There are no clocks, however.

+Dr.Pick

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: Dr.Pick ]

Old 02-08-2002, 05:01 AM   #7
Jazzid
Manshoon

Also, if you don't like to walk around in the perilous forests at night, many players prefer to search the dungeons at night-time and exit when the day dawns.

P.S. Any light spells are useful when travelling at night.

//J