Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-19-2002, 12:01 AM   #1
Alibaba
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I suspect Oakenmir had over 2000 hit points. It was very well protected by most magic, and can summon Trees to help it. However, Oakenmir was not that strong after I used Merlin's Shield, haste and Herolic Might on my teammembers. It was too slow.

Anyway, I killed it.

Now, I wonder if it shouldn't be slained. I got 1,700,000 EXP for each of the 6 members, too much that each one has 6-8 levels up in just one battle!
Alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 04:42 AM   #2
andyguru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thats not very nice. Even though he seems pretty usesless I stole a seed from him to complete the wizard quest, but you cant just go killing benevolent NPC's....
Old 01-19-2002, 06:06 AM   #3
Alibaba
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My guys were poor in steal. The only way to get a seed is through killing... Well, I think my guys were going evil and maybe they will later go back to the Shrine and fight against Lord Anephas.

Joking.
Alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 09:04 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

There are other trees from which you get the seeds to fulfill the quest. While they sometimes appear in the area near Talrik, they generally are not present until you read the Lost Sea area.

The game does not enforce the oath which you swear back in the crypt, which I consider unfortunate. Killing Oakenmir would certainly be a violation of that oath. It is apparent from searching through the various files that the designers originally intended for there to be consequences to such actions but in the rush to get the game to the market, such consequences were not implemented.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:20 PM   #5
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

I did the same but just had all 6 party members cast firestorm and burning haze and sat back and watched him burn.. FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!! Anyways in the game i have looked around for days on end and still havent found other trees besides oakenmir.. guess they learned their lesson
Old 01-22-2002, 09:20 AM   #6
Jazzid
Manshoon

Well, I've finished the game and kicked Cet's bum, but I left Oakenmir and Erathsmeador untouched. But since I got bumped back into town after having finished the game, I'm considering taking my Zenmaster out on a solo-quest to kill them both. That will surely boost my XP quite a bit!

//Jazzid
Old 01-24-2002, 07:49 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

That Zenmaster is going to find it tough in a one on one dual with the mighty oak - how could you just want to murder a guardian like that????..... oh, hold on, I did it too way back when I played - what can I say, I'm an experience junkie at times - didn't kill the Stout King though - does that count as a credit?
Old 01-24-2002, 11:00 AM   #8
Jazzid
Manshoon

Well, Davros, it definitely makes you a better person Personally I refrained from killing important NPCs only for personal gain; you never know if they, later on in their digitised lives, are going to give you something you need. Now when I've finished the game, I've got nothing holding me back!

Cheers // J