Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2001, 05:10 AM   #1
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

These two i just figured out.

1. Time passes while paused so if you need to pass the night just pause and wait until dawn (it doesn't show the change until you unpause)

2. Dont just save one game and keep overwriting it. Save after and before each significant event and change slots. You never know what mistake you may want to go back in time and fix. Trust me i didn't get kerahs sword first time so i went back and did the pyramid and got it second time.

3. Don't learn spells that can be bought in shops. This way you will learn more. Keep ones found in chest even if they can't be learnt now until spell type is higher. They may save an extra spell or two.

4. I know this ones been around for a while but its a goodie. Always sell and buy back invokable items that dont dissapear on invokement coz they can be invoked a second time!. ie. ring of neptune, kerah's sword, amulet of holding, ring or marrin and more. I had 24 strength and intellect for my warlock at lvl 14 with this handy trick.

5. If you cant find the werewolf for the town hall quest there is a heaps easier way. Use spirit eye and world map. It will show as a red dot to the far west. It may be jathil but check both red dots and it will be much easier to find. This helped me heaps as i could never find it.

Hope these help.

BlackAssassin>>>>
BlackAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 08:53 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Nice bunch of tips, BA!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 09:13 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

One warning for would-be monks: I've heard people claim that time passed when the game is paused doesn't count towards the monk's quest.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 06:05 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

GOTCHA!! Do not learn spells from books if you do not need them now! If you learn a spell during level-up, you get the amount of spell points equal to your SPI. If you learn a spell from a book you get about 10 spell points (I am not sure about the number). Suppose you have SPI 24...

If you want spell points then:
1. Do not invest in your magic schools at the beginning of the game. Keep them at level 1. Cycle through roles so that you get all magic schools you want to get, then switch to a barbarian.
2. Push SPI sky high.
3. Get artifacts at level 5 as soon as possible, so that you can identify ankhs. Get 4 ankhs of SPI (the chest at the frog totem always contains an ankh, the chest in the tomb area always contains an ankh, mummies sometimes drops ankhs).
4. Check what happens to your magic schools every time you level up. You will see that you get spell points for all schools even if you do not add any spell. This "spell point machine" will stop after reaching a level which depends on your SPI again. Also, any spell added to your spellbook slows down the machine and lowers the limit (really!). With SPI 24, it stops ca. at 300 spell points. 5. Become a warlock. Learn all spells during level-up at SPI 24. Use "reset adventures" repeatedly.

This allows you to get 700 - 800 spell points in all magic schools. With books and haste in learning spells, you gain about 300 spell points or even less.
The reasonable way is somewhere in between. If you want to use books, use them for schools that contain many spells (vinecraft). Avoid suncraft and stonecraft (low number of spells). If you have enough gold, buy the books and do not use them until you must. Sell the books back if you have learned the spell other way.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 02:39 PM   #5
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Great tips Radek
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 02:41 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

No doubt about it, HPI should have hired us to write the strategy guide!!!

Great tips!!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote