Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-10-2003, 05:52 PM   #11
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Just a little info for Andrewes battle.net is becoming hack free Blizzard has already banned 131,000 d2 accounts and several thousand d2 cd keys. (and i agree D2 is not a good single player game, but its a very fun internet game)
Old 04-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #12
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
I am sorry I am not so good with slang terms Angelousss but when you mean engrossing you mean good or bad?
It means "something that holds interest".
Old 04-10-2003, 07:44 PM   #13
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

diablo 2 = fun, no long english sentence. no headache.

BG2 = not fun, got long english sentence. lots of headache.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:58 PM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

bg2 all the way for me..

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-10-2003, 09:06 PM   #15
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Any fool can play Diablo 1 or 2 its a no brain hack and slash PC game that has little if any replay value. Once you play Diablo and Win your done for at least 2 or three years

Any fool can play Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 but, it takes some thinking to win without cheating and it was made to replay over & over & over & over & over ECT...... and there are new MODs showing up every 6 to 10 months for Baldurs made by players that make replay even more fun. Never ever heard of A Diablo MOD
and the fools that Developed the game Just cut 50% of there Customers off because they were using cheats. what was it 131,000 on line players, so much for ever selling them one of their games. hell If they didn't want cheating they shouldn't have put the cheats in the game. Like the Dixie chicks GOODBY BLIZZARD too bad you flushed your own company down the crapper
average Blizzard game price $45.00 x 131,000 = $5,895,000.00 not including the on line charge, what a bunch of meat heads.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:57 PM   #16
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Any fool can play Diablo 1 or 2 its a no brain hack and slash PC game that has little if any replay value. Once you play Diablo and Win your done for at least 2 or three years

Any fool can play Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 but, it takes some thinking to win without cheating and it was made to replay over & over & over & over & over ECT...... and there are new MODs showing up every 6 to 10 months for Baldurs made by players that make replay even more fun. Never ever heard of A Diablo MOD
and the fools that Developed the game Just cut 50% of there Customers off because they were using cheats. what was it 131,000 on line players, so much for ever selling them one of their games. hell If they didn't want cheating they shouldn't have put the cheats in the game. Like the Dixie chicks GOODBY BLIZZARD too bad you flushed your own company down the crapper
average Blizzard game price $45.00 x 131,000 = $5,895,000.00 not including the on line charge, what a bunch of meat heads.
What online charge does battle.net make you pay?? Played diablo2 for close to 3 years online never had to pay an online fee? Plus the deleated 131,000 accounts which may seem like alot but its not most players have at least 3 accounts. On top of that Blizzard doesn't make the cheats they are created by people not affiliated with blizzard who create download able programs which act as third party softwear on the battle.net server,which goes agianst the service agreement there for they get punished for breaking the rules.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:24 AM   #17
Legolas
Jack Burton

I'd go with BG2. Diablo 2 just has too many litte things bothering you (what good is a save option if it resets all the levels? why should you only be able to store one lousy container worth of goods at a time? things like that). It's not a bad game, it's just that it could have been much better. I actually still prefer Diablo over Diablo 2, it's much more player friendly even though it does not have many of D2's options (not to mention graphics). The running's no excuse either, with the larger areas it takes just as long to get from one place to another, the only exception being that in D2 you have to rest on occasion. Would have been better if you could run as long as there were only one or two enemies around, and have a stamina-based sprinting option when there are more.
BG2, on the other hand, has far less of these little 'mistakes' in design, and a lot of other advantages over the (ridiculously) linear D2 (even Diablo offered more variation in quests). Of course, D2 was designed mainly for multiplayer purposes, and you don't need saves there, whereas a private storage space really comes in handy. That still is no real excuse though.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 04-11-2003, 05:33 AM   #18
Sparhawk, Warrior of the light
Dungeon Master

Everythings been said basically and I agree with it all, Baldurs Gate wins hands down.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:42 AM   #19
lethoso
Manshoon

BG2 is superior in all aspects except for multiplayer, diablo 2 has a much more flowing multiplayer mode...
Old 04-11-2003, 05:49 AM   #20
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGrandSlayer:
Diablo is ABSOLUTE CRAP!I got a demo version, it SUCKS!
Vote: BG II
i got a BG 2 demo version, it is crap. lol, such logic