Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2001, 06:47 AM   #1
boran_blok
Dungeon Master

Me and my buddy intend to play trough BG2 over the net, and I'd like to hear some suggestions of what we should take as classes...

we tought of me as a Kensai (im good at close combat)
and he would then be a thief with a magic combo (so mage/thief, cleric/thief or illusionist/thief)
What is the difference between those exactly and which combo can u reccomend me ?

Thank u for helping us out

]SoW[ Boran [Belgian Para's]

and

Cobra [Belgian Para's]
Old 04-11-2001, 06:49 AM   #2
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ANYTHING BUT A BARD THEY SUCK!

------------------
RULE #1:I am always right
RULE #2:See rule #1
Old 04-11-2001, 07:45 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

On the contrary, Bards are excellent Multiplayer characters. Very teamworkish, very fun to roleplay.
Everyone playing Fighters and Mages and Rouges is just plain selfish in my opinion. You dont see that many Beastmasters or Totemic Druids or Shapeshifters or Barbarians. The whole idea of Multiplayer is teamwork and since you can communicate your ideas better with humans, you can have them watch your back for you.

------------------
Why?
Old 04-11-2001, 07:48 AM   #4
Lord Shield

Nothing selfish about them. What's to stop a fighter coming to another character's aid, chopping that guy's enemies in the flanks. Or the thief sneaking behind the fellow's opposition for backstabs. Mages, of course, can cover everyone if they wish. Selfishness purely comes down to how it's played, NOT what the class's abilities are

Old 04-11-2001, 07:55 AM   #5
white heron
Manshoon

My faveourite is to dual a ranger to a Cleric( at level 7 is fine but level 10 is better).This way you get Both Cleric AND ALL Druid spells also.They still have alot of hitpoints too.
Mage/thief.-Not too hot at fighting early on but ok later,a good combo.
Thief /Cleric-Why not? I've heard good things,but they can only access their thieving skills through their special abilitys botton...which is a real pain.
......my 2 cents.

------------------
"You,...You wouldn't hurt a Gnome would you?"
Old 04-11-2001, 07:57 AM   #6
Rikard

Hiya

Javi (Ertai) and I were actually planning to play online with him being a sorcerer and me a Necromancer
But i dunno if that uis such a good idea

I would say
A Cleric/Mage
and a Fighter Thief

BTW are you from Vlaanderen or the french part?

------------------

Old 04-11-2001, 08:53 AM   #7
boran_blok
Dungeon Master

-No this post is not Japaneese it is dutch-

Ik woon in gent, en Cobra woont in antwerpen.

-back to english-

is cable enough to play BG over net or is LAN required ???
Old 04-11-2001, 08:54 AM   #8
Rikard

I got Cable and it worked with that in a IP game
so i think it should work

------------------