Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-09-2004, 01:49 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
So what will happen to the eye if a thief decide to snatch the jewel?
Ewwwwww that's gross dude. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
In case you're serious (you never know with you [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I doubt the jewel is worth anything.
Personally I'm quite used to piercings and the like (and that's not to say I like them!! Well, most of them anyway) and I'm ok with it if people want gold front teeth or a twinkling diamond glint in their eye. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think they look awful, but hey, that's up to them.
[/QUOTE]I agree with you.

The eyes, are for me the most beautiful thing about a person. Why would a person go and screw up what is already wonderful? How irritating to the lover that's trying to gaze into the eyes, and having a blasted diamond attracting your attention. How annoying for the person with the diamond that every boyfriend never looks into their soul, but get's disctracted by the diamond all the time.

Silly if you ask me.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-09-2004, 02:28 AM   #12
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Cheers, Yorick. I wouldn't be able to deal with that. It would turn a romantic moment into an "Illumina is retching, what should I do?" moment.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:58 AM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

eewww.. im already disguisted by people wearing contacts. I just cant seem to bear the fact of correcting your lenese with your eyeball.. brr..

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-09-2004, 08:29 AM   #14
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

y'know a friend of mine once had a jewel on her tooth, i thought that was pretty weird. but the eye? i'm itchy just thinking about it.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #15
Ehrys
Manshoon

Hmmm... looks like society has found another way to deflect searching gazes away from one's soul... in case they should find something imperfect, unpure through those windows.

Not to question how shallow the human mind is however... For some, the rock drops for awhile, but for others, it seems to stop at the same level as their feet.

Well... I guess that's what makes us all unique, in a homogeneous kind of way... afterall, I got a tattoo also when I was in Kung-fu as a teen.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:16 PM   #16
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

There are good reasons for eye surgery. Once the corrective vision thing gets really fine-tuned, I'd like to have that done. But, every time you mess with the eye, you take a huge risk. A platinum heart decoration isn't worth it, IMO.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:53 AM   #17
Ehrys
Manshoon

I got lasered... special at the time too... both eyes for $1200 canadian. They still work great (no side effects) and it's been almost 5 years now. I guess you could say I got my eyes on sale.