Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's got the bigger cojones here?
Dog poop on the shoes... If she wins, I volunteer to show her what *REAL* dog poop damage looks like 1 6.25%
Doggie in the car door... If he wins, I volunteer to troutslap him into sensibility 1 6.25%
They're both idiots... can we send Choc and his Claws of TrollSlaying +9 on a field trip? 12 75.00%
What do you mean? They're *BOTH* right! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Shocked Two weird doggie news items...

First....
Quote:

Woman files claim, saying dog feces ruined family outing

NORWALK, Conn. - A New York woman has filed a $100 claim against Norwalk saying a family outing to the Maritime Aquarium was ruined by dog feces. The woman claims her child's shoes, along with the entire outing, were ruined when her 1-year-old stepped in dog feces outside the Maritime Garage.

City attorney M. Jeffry Spahr said the official response is that her claim is denied and in his words, "poop happens."

Kelly DeBrocky, of Mahopac, N.Y., wants the city to reimburse her for $54 she spent replacing her toddler's ruined shoes and the expenses for parking and aquarium admission on April 5.
Okay... that's some 'nads there... billing the city 'cause you stepped in dog poop? What's next... sue God because a bird pooped on your car?

Second....
Quote:

Minn. driver kills dog, then sues owners for damage

DULUTH, Minn. - The driver of a 1997 Honda Civic that struck and killed a dog near Cloquet is suing the dog's owners for damage done to his vehicle. Jeffery Ely was driving on the night of Jan. 4 when Fester, a miniature pinscher, squeezed past owner Nikki Munthe as she was letting in her other dog and ran out onto the road. Ely's car struck Fester, killing the 13-pound dog instantly.

Now Ely is suing the Munthes for about $1,100 for damage to his car, time he had to take off from his two jobs to get the car repaired, and court fees.

Pieces of the bumper were propelled into the radiator when it hit the dog, Ely said, necessitating a replacement. Ely maintains he didn't have problems driving until after the accident and that the radiator issues were not pre-existing.

Ely said he feels sorry for the Munthes' loss but, as a dog owner himself, feels that they must be responsible for their pets' actions.

"I have complete compassion for them," Ely said. "I know how it feels. I love dogs. But once you get them, they are your responsibility."

Munthe said she has always been worried about the busy road the family lives on.

"We would have never let him off-leash because we're so terrified of this road," she said.

The case will be heard in St. Louis County Court on Friday.

The Munthes have filed a $2,400 countersuit against Ely for the cost to buy Fester, the time they had to take off work for court appearances, and the cost of buying a dog to replace Fester.
Let me get this straight... you killed my dog, and now want me to pay to fix your car? And you own a 1997 Civic? Hell, $1100 is about all that car's probably worth!

Today's poll... who do you think has the bigger 'nads here?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Two weird doggie news items...

Why on earth is someone paying $54 for toddler shoes when they'll just grow out of them in a week?

As for the other guy, I'd file a counter-suit against him in the wrongful death of my dog. Emotional strain, funeral and burial fees, plot upkeep for the cemetary, etc. (not seriously mind you, just saying, how stupid can people be? Don't answer that, the truth is scarier than any of us want to know.)

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

They have filed a countersuit, as the last paragraph states.

And I'm with you on the $54 kid's shoes... those things never wear out, 'cause the kids outgrow them first.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

I love how he says, "I have complete compassion for them." But he still wants them to pay for the damage to his car. I'm thinking the damage wasn't caused by the dog. It was a frickin 13lbs mini pinscher. A 13 lbs dog isn't going to push your bumper into your radiator, it's just physically impossible.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The court costs themselves would be worth more though wouldn't they?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Hell, just imagine what it would be like if we lived in a compensation culture...

We need one of these:

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Only in America

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Heard the first one on the raido this morning... uh, lady, keep your kid out of the stuff or expect that a one year old is gonna mess up his shoes!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #9
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

First and for most. I really really hate it when owners do pick up after there dogs. But Maybe the dog was out on its own. Either way grow up and wash the shoes. So all the times the kid spit up as a baby and ruined there cloths. She got sued. Have kids is a messy thing. LOL

AS for the dog vs car. I am not to sure what all the laws are. But knowing what I know. I would side with the car dude. I am assuming no one is stretching the truth on the damages. He does have a point. keep that dog on a leash it is your responsiblity. But still seems a little crazy.