Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Star Wars The Old Republic Thread

Any of you guys planning on trying this game?

Quote:
Star Wars: The Old Republic, abbreviated as TOR or SWTOR, is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game based in the Star Wars universe.[5][6] Currently in development by BioWare Austin and a supplemental team at BioWare Edmonton, the game was first announced on October 21, 2008, at an invitation-only press event.[7] The video game will be released for Microsoft Windows platform on December 20, 2011 in North America and Europe.[8][9][10]

At a development cost rumored to be over $135 million, The Old Republic may be the most expensive video game ever created.[

The story takes place in the Star Wars fictional universe shortly after the establishment of a tenuous peace between the re-emergent Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic,[12] 300 years after the events of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games, and more than 3,500 years before the events in the Star Wars films.[13][14] The Jedi are held responsible for the success of the Sith during the devastating 28-year-long Great Galactic War (which led to the Treaty of Coruscant prior to the Cold War), and thus choose to relocate from Coruscant to Tython, where the Jedi Order had initially been founded, to seek guidance from the Force.[13][15] The Sith control Korriban, where they have re-established a Sith Academy.[16] The game begins as new conflicts arise.[13]

A collaborative effort between BioWare, LucasArts and Dark Horse Comics has resulted in webcomics entitled Star Wars: The Old Republic – Threat of Peace and Star Wars: The Old Republic – Blood of the Empire, the purpose of which is to establish the backstory as the game opens.

BioWare has stated that the game will have a significant focus on the storyline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...e_Old_Republic

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Default Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Thread

I must admit to being interested, but I just don't know if I have the time for MMORPGS anymore...They drain alot of hours without even noticing

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

I played the beta, it was great. A mix of wow and kotor. Great fun but I think I will give it a pass... I just overcame my wow addiction and don't think Ill risk it again with this one...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I will probably buy a box copy, but I doubt I'll play it. I like SW well enough, but I'm not a big fan of scifi games. I am, however, a fan of BioWare, and will support them with at least a purchase.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I bought it though I doubt I will get many pre-release days since I just did it last week. A buddy is already in though. Coreelian Run server is where it looks like I'll be.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well I'm on Kass City server with some WoW guildies. Levelling a Sith Assassin (16) and a Sith Marauder (11) so far. Looks very similar to WoW, down to the keybinds. The levelling storyline is definitely more engaging than WoW though, I wonder what the endgame is like. The instances I've been in have been pretty simple so far, mainly tank and spank fights.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote