Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Falling on Floor Laughing looking for a place to buy books online

...this should be a slam dunk - amazon etc....however its a bit more complicated than this - you see I found this australian author called Trudi Canavan - she wrote a triology called the black magician triology and I REALLY want it.

Now comes the challenge for me....all I can find is measly paperbacks - no hardcovers - so if anyone spots or knows a place that have the hardcover please pm or write inhere so i can go use the money i don't have....
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Default Re: looking for a place to buy books online

Was it ever printed in HC? A lot of new or untested authors only get paperback releases. Heck, Bob Salvatore didn't get a HC release until... Spine of the World IIRC
Old 12-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

It is published in HC yes - the local shop here in Copenhagen had them but can't get them anymore - so I was sort of hoping that some online shop have them....but damn its hard to find them.

I really hate breaking triologies and stories up in both HC and PB - since it kinda looks stupid on my wall ( I know - its a damn luxury problem to have )
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 12-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Have you tried the publisher's website?

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ebay. Brand new and used.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Also Abe Books is a great place for used books with a great price. They have your author as well. Link:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...eld.y=12&sts=t

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:58 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Ebay did the trick - thanks a lot guys ( and girls ) been looking all over town for those and I even saved ALOT of money.

Got them for 10 bucks a piece - I have to pay 50 dollar pr book here in town so I think Ebay just got a regular customer out of me.

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, eBay is the place if you don't care if the book is in non mint cond...

When we went to Louisville, KY last year, we found a used book store--called "half-priced books store" and found one in Lexington too.. I found TONS of original Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance novels there-each like $1.50!!!! I was in heaven! hehe.. so I bought all the ones I never read, and UPSed them home! hehe..was awesome!

Some of them had the covers laminated.. like for a library but I didn't see any stamps on it... I wish they had a used bookstore chain here.. They buy books too.

http://www.halfpricebooks.com/index.html *store locator here*

PS: Lady Z-- Dayam! Abe's has some good stuff! bookmarked!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #9
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I have to say - it sure does feel good to be back on ironworks - kinda forgot about the place when I moved to Paris to work - and now being back in Denmark and remembering the place and comming back - just feels a bit like comming home again *sigh*

"Unleash the Casey!"