Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Default Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, October 17, 2009

Previous Cafe is http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...d.php?t=101000

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, October 17, 2009

Hello Everyone! It's a beautiful day here, chilly but bright and sunny! Hubby's sidelined with a twisted ankle but at least nothing's broken!

The cats have figured out it's Fall or something, they're all racing around like err... wildcats!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

My cats are the same way. One's favorite new game is to race thru the living room & hit the throw rug on the wood floor in the foyer just to see how far he can slide. Takes about 3 times before it piles up against the far wall. Then he has to wait for me to reset the rug...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

My cats are jerks, they sleep all day and pay no attention to anyone unless they want something. Why cant i just have cats that like to cuddle? All my other cats would have jumped on the couch and laid with me, but not these two.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I'll bet this cat would love to cuddle, especially if you've got a hot water bottle or electric blanket with you...

Quote:
A pet cat has stunned an animal expert by surviving 19 hours in his owners' freezer.

Sarah Crombie, 27, discovered Krillen lying stiff and semi-conscious on a bag of dog food when she went to get a loaf of bread.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Oh man, I bet Krillen won't be going anywhere near a freezer for a long time to come.

Finally got some nice weather here. Day started out in the 50's (chilly for south florida) Now we're looking about low 70's, and a very nice breeze.

Also, just made some really tasty Pumpkin seeds.

It's crazy, go to the store and buy a tiny bag for $1.99 or buy 6 small pumpkins at $0.30/pound and get like 10 times as many seeds as a bonus.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 10-18-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Hey, I'm back. *sits down and sips a cocoa*
Old 10-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Oh man, i love pumpkin seeds!

I should convice my mother to send me some, but more likely she'll make me come and get them myself. Which is going to be a little tricky.

Its going to be tricky because my 1995 Ford Thunderbird is a total peice, and i currently have the engine apart, replacing one of the heads. Not that i can complain too hard, i knew that i was going to have to do some work to it, and since i got the car for free i cant complain too hard.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Playing Sacred Gold, and ran into a bit of a glitch with one of the quests in the swamps. The one for the goblin village. Got all the way to the Forest God Altar, did what the goblin shaman told me to do, then nothing. Then there was a marker for the quest all the way up in braverock castle town in one of the estate style homes. Leads into the basement and I go down and nothing there. Very annoying, especially since I don't have any useful saves prior to the incident.

Anywho, the recipe for the pumkin seeds I made should anyone want it.

you need:

1 cup of pumpkin seeds rinsed and dried.
6 tablespoons of sugar, divided use
1/4 teaspoon of salt (I used pickling salt for the finer grain)
1/2 pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil

Steps:
1. preheat oven to 250F. Spread pumpkin seeds on baking sheet. Toast for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until dry and toasted.

2. In a large bowl mix together 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.

3. heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add pumkin seeds and sprinkle sugar over, stir with wooden spoon until sugar is melts (about 45 seconds)

4. Pour seeds into bowl containing sugar mix, stir until coated, spread out onto wax paper and let cool before serving. Store in airtight container at room temp.

I found it to be reminiscent of honey roasted peanuts.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Exactly the same thing happened to me with that quest! That was really frustrating. Didn't work the second time either.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote