Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-28-2001, 07:34 PM   #11
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I also agree about the Aerie wings quest

Disappear

This spell will cause the mage/priest (?) to utterly disappear from this plane for 1D6 rounds. There is a 10% chance that he will suffer ? damage and a 10% damage that ? hitpoints will be healed. (other magic effects?) All enchantments are dispelled (maybe)

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-28-2001, 07:44 PM   #12
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oops, I never said hi, right? well, then:

HI!!!

Welcome to Ironworks! Stop by the General Discussions section and introduce yourself when you have time!

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-28-2001, 08:34 PM   #13
Synthos
Manshoon

Gauntlets of Spell Casting Speed
These gauntlets cannot be removed except by a remove curse spell
These gauntlets reduce the strength, constitution and charisma of the wearer by 1 however the gauntlets have the effect of a permanent improved aclarity speed and reduce casting speed by two.

(Hope my computer could handle all that processing!)

------------------

Quote:
"Est Sularis Oth Mithas"-->Honour Is My Life
Old 10-28-2001, 08:55 PM   #14
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

BladeSingers LongSword

+4, defender
+5 to determine what it can hit

can only be used by elves, and they must be a fighter, or fighter multi-class.

this is a weapon that a character i played on Pen and Paper had recieved as a gift from his village after defenging it against an attacking orc army. it was also a gift for finishing the bladesinger accademy as the top student. i thought it would be nice to see in the game. as well as elven chain+2, or even elven platemail!!

also, we should be able to be in groups, examples: the Harpers, Red Wizards of Thay, Shadow Thieves, etc. this would be kinda fun, and a good chance to roleplay missions from your own groups. also, npc's could be in those groups, or from groups of another kind. and some GOOD npc's, no imoens or anything like that.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 10-28-2001, 10:38 PM   #15
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Get rid of the battle stoping dialogue and the like. ie. At the tree of life fighting, "I" baby and in hell for the final battle. The bad guys always get the first shot off no matter what because we have to stop and listen to some dumb diologue. Only stupid movie villains stop and talk when there's a butt that needs whippin'.

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 10-29-2001, 03:22 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Chala:
Well......as you all probably know you guys are the leading Buliten Board for Bioware games.....if you have any questions about well lets just say new games...."hint" "hint" ummm....such as the new expansion.......this is being highly debated at Interplay....and i think they'll give us the nod......cause its kind of a cliff hanger and people want more so we'll probebly end up giving it to them.......=) im gonna make spells and items....if you have sugjestions post em here or make the thing ITEM SUGGJESTIONS FOR CHALA

Well got to get to work

-Chala

Hi Chala from Bioware, good to have you here. Are you from the Edmonton office or the Los Angeles one? How are Dave and Kevin these days? How's Dave going with his Valygar romance? Any news?

------------------
Old 10-29-2001, 03:45 AM   #17
Shagrat The Half Orc

Some suggestions for future BG type games:

Fix pathing
or
don't include narrow hallways so pathing is not an issue

Make scripting easier so tedious tasks can be done automatically by computer, such as casting protection spells (current script maker is kind of hard to use, the premade scripts don't accomplish the tasks that I want done, I really hate having to cast protection spells such as haste and protection from evil 10' after resting over and over)

Try to explain the spell system(resistances, immunities, rolls, protection spells, save vs.) better in the direction book. Its hard for people to understand the mechanics of the game with the given directions.

After experiencing haste, noone wants to run around in what seems like slow motion (being without haste), make it so u can always have haste spell on in that your party doesn't get tired and have to rest after two uses, or make a spell that cures tiredness, or make a game option that allows your party members to move around quickly automatically without having to use the haste spell. Im sure everyone can identify with me in that it just sucks to walk around without haste.

Old 10-29-2001, 04:19 AM   #18
Lifetime
Red Dragon

What about a bit more evil options? A choice of endings/paths/goals that allows for a Good/Neutral/Evil player to experience a slightly different game. More Role-Playing, Problem-Solving and the rest like Arcanum, or Planescape, and make beating up monsters optional/take a smaller part in the game.

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-29-2001, 04:28 AM   #19
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

HI and welcome,
I have a suggestion, why when your character dies can you not carry on as your npc and raise him/ her from the dead, it just really annoys me that when I have 3 people in my party capable of resurection that they just sit there and watch you die.
Also maybe a temporary 7 member slot for 1 more NPC taht can only be used for people joining you for 1 quest(i.e. valygar is crap, but you could just have him for the ps quest,Thanxs

------------------
Silence dog! The only thing you are fit for is to die at my hand
Old 10-29-2001, 05:19 AM   #20
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

--idea-- Bards being able to earn a few GP from passersby or tavern patrons by doing a song or two; conversely, the PC being able to toss a few coins to the occasional troubadour (just as can be done to beggars)...

FULL keyboard hotkey customization, to include the numpad? (in BG2 a lot of keys are not reassignable even if you edit the config files)

OH - would it be possible to move the interface buttons (like 'select all party members') a little further away from the edge of the screen - right now it's too easy to overshoot the button and accidentally scroll the screen... but of course I wouldn't want to compromise the size of the viewing area.

(Let me think some more...)